New Prefer vowifi not working

eng333

Members
Oct 11, 2023
Using 14 Ultra with 1.0.15 rom.
I tried *#*#869434#*#* and enabled the "Make calls using Wi-Fi" option. it says it will do it "whenever possible"
I find that it never uses voWIFI. I have to enable airplane mode and connect to WIFI, in order to use WIFI for a call.

Note, I do have "Use voLTE" checked as well, but the entire setting is greyed out. Not sure if that affects anything.

In addition to activation, do you also have "prefer VoWIFI" set?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-16-20-01-48-887_com.android.phone-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-16-20-01-48-887_com.android.phone-edit.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 68
I don't have that option on my screen. I dont have "Use voNR" either.
If you're missing some network features these dial commands can help:

*#*#726633#*#*
- Enable 5G SA Network option

*#*#34834#*#*
- Enable Prefer 5G option in the Preferred Network Type if supported by your SIM Card (Carrier)

*#*#8667#*#*
- Enable VoNR (Voice Over New Radio) option when 5G NSA/SA network

*#*#86583#*#*
- Enable VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) option when 4G/LTE and 5G NSA/SA network

*#*#869434#*#*
- Enable VoWiFi (Voice Over WiFi) option when 4G/LTE and 5G NSA/SA network

NOTE: Check if your line has the VoWiFi provisioned on your line in the Carrier side too... *#*#4636#*#*

I have all that enabled. VoWIFI works.
The issue is that it is not "preferred" because I lack the option "Network Preferences: prefer wifi" and thus vowifi only works when I turn on airplane mode (and wifi)

Found something that may be useful.

We have:
*#*#34834#*#*
- Enable Prefer 5G option in the Preferred Network Type if supported by your SIM Card (Carrier)

However, I've noticed that occasionally the phones preferred Network Type resets itself.
Type: *#*#4636#*#*

and inspect your phones preferred network type, select: NR/LTE or depending you can select a different one but make sure NR/LTE is selected. It triggered my (VOWIFI) to turn on.

Is there a possible way to force this to stick or stay on? Possible bug or is this a carrier thing?

I have "Prefer 5G" OR "Prefer LTE" but not NR/TE option.
VOWIFI turns on if I have airplane mode on.
My issue isnt with "preferred network type" (ie. "Prefer 5G"), it's with "Network preferences" missing so I can't select "Prefer vowifi"