Problem to install 21.3.31

dricksick

Members
Apr 4, 2021
Good evening, I have a problem with my mi10, I tried to install the rom in question 3 times, the installation process ends positively, but when I go to restart the phone, the twrp starts because it does not find any operating system . I have done all the steps correctly I don't understand why this happens

Is this just an update or ROM branch change? If it's an update, make sure you wipe dalvik and cache after. If it's a ROM branch change like stock to EU or stable to weekly, then you must do a full data format due to possible partition differences between the two ROM branches. If you don't, it may boot loop.

Is this just an update or ROM branch change? If it's an update, make sure you wipe dalvik and cache after. If it's a ROM branch change like stock to EU or stable to weekly, then you must do a full data format due to possible partition differences between the two ROM branches. If you don't, it may boot loop.

Hi, the rom I had before was an official EU, now I wanted to put this 21.3.31 weekly, as you said in a test I did a wipe cache / dalvik but the problem remains, in the next test I also made a format data but the same, when starting the device after installing the package, twrp restarts as it does not find any operating system installed

So yes, a proper format data required. Can you please try again. Go to twrp, format data, confirming with typing yes. Then install weekly ROM, and after, again format data, confirm by typing yes, then reboot system.
If you get any errors, use vol down and power key to take a twrp screenshot.

When I enter the twrp, I format data and then I go to install the zip previously inserted in the phone, it does not find any files inside the internal archive

You mount your PC or usb stick in twrp and copy ROM to the phone or install from there.

I should buy the otg cable, so I could not use the usb key, alternatively I normally insert it in the internal archive when it is configured, since when I am in twrp the pc does not read it to me as memory ..... But if I run a data format before installing the package the latter no longer finds it, so I should reboot the system reconfigure everything and reinsert the package

I succeeded, after installing the package, I ran a format data that honestly in the various previous attempts I had never done and now it started ..... One thing every time I update with the new updates that come out weekly, I must necessarily run a format data every time? Because I don't want to reconfigure everything from scratch every time

No, you only need to format when you change ROM branches like you did from stable to weekly. As I said before, this is because of partition differences between the branches. Now you are on weekly, just update, wipe dalvik and cache then reboot to system.
If you decide to go back to stable or stock Chinese, that's when you will need to format.

No, you only need to format when you change ROM branches like you did from stable to weekly. As I said before, this is because of partition differences between the branches. Now you are on weekly, just update, wipe dalvik and cache then reboot to system.
If you decide to go back to stable or stock Chinese, that's when you will need to format.

ok thanks a lot for your availability