Problem With Connecting To Samsung Gear S2

Toni K

Members
Mar 31, 2016
I can't connect my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 with Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch.

Bluetooth pairing passes OK (but not sure does it disconnect during the time).
I installed Samsung Gear app and plugin on the phone (via Google Play, EU ROM, Croatian settings), the app recognized smartwatch and tries to pair/connect...but nothing happens - just trying for a long long time...
I checked all combinations of un/pairing devices, restarts (and smartwatch reset) - no results :-(
On the 'net I found that it is pretty common for Xiaomi phones to have Bluetooth issues - problems in connecting with e.g. car BT systems.
OK, Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is not on the Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch's compatibility list, but this is a new model with 2GB RAM and Bluetooth v4, so it should work (at least provide limited functionality).

Do You have some solution, ideas, proposals...how to solve the issue?
Thank You

Hi Tony,

I'm running sMIUI based on 5.11.12 on my redmi note 2 and no issues with my gear s2.

Did you also install the app 'Samsung accessory service'? I think all 3 apps are required (this + gear + plugin).

I hope this works for you.

Now that I think of it, the only issue I occasionally have is the phone rebooting itself and Bluetooth not working until you do a second reboot.

Dan

Hi Tony,

I'm running sMIUI based on 5.11.12 on my redmi note 2 and no issues with my gear s2.

Did you also install the app 'Samsung accessory service'? I think all 3 apps are required (this + gear + plugin).

I hope this works for you.

Now that I think of it, the only issue I occasionally have is the phone rebooting itself and Bluetooth not working until you do a second reboot.

Dan
Thank You, Dan, Your advice solve the problem :)
Now my Gear S2 works fine with the phone (with the same BT rebooting issue)