New Problem With Custom Notification Sounds On Android 7

eduardoac_99

Members
Aug 27, 2015
Good morning,

I cannot find any thread with this "issue" i am facing on some devices since they updated to android 7 roms.

When you try to select custom sound notification sounds for one group chat on Telegram, or to set a custom notification sound for your chats on whatsapp and another one for your groups chats on whatsapp.... stuff like that (hope i make myself clear), the sound is missing, you can receive the notification, the phone vibrates, but no sound.

The only way i can set a custom notification sound is setting it from settings/sounds/notification sound, but this makes all notifications sounds with the same sound, and that is not what I need.

Is this really a bug? or maybe i am forgetting something?

The devices that i found this problem are Mi5s, Mi5s Plus, Redmi Note 4X, all with MIUI 8 and android 7 roms. If I flash an Android 6 version of MIUI 8 this problem doesnt appear.

Thank you in advance and keep this great work!!

Hello.
Yes, I also confirm this problem with the user sounds for VhatsAnp and Telegrams. I have xiaomi mi5/64
MIUI 9 7.8.24. Autostart applications are displayed. Energy saving is disabled. Sounds are in /miui/ringtone/. Messages are coming. A window pops up. The vibrator is turned on and it vibrates when a message is received, but my user melody is not played.
If there is a standard default notification common in the phone, then it is played.
Also, standard standard sounds are played in the firmware, but I want to use my own, for different applications, but they do not want to play.
The latest firmware where there were no problems with this is the version of the android 6 firmware version xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.6.0.MAACNDI_v8-6.0 There everything is perfect, as well as the weekly on the 6 android.
The phone was reset to the factory settings, it was flashed clean and through fasbut. There is a problem. What to do? Can I provide any additional data to catch this problem, for example, a bug log?
In advance thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
I can confirm this behaviour.
It is possible to use different system sounds on different apps.
It is possible to use custom sounds through general system settings.
It is not possible to use custom sounds on apps (e.g. WhatsApp).

You can copy custom soundfiles into the system folder (root permissions). After that you can use them again on different apps. Seems to be a bug. Hopefully Xiaomi will fix it soon.

Already firmware 7.11.3, but the problem was not solved with Whatsapp and Telegram. Still no push notifications (not played) if you install your own sound. Now, Telegram does not play sounds even if placed sound system. Tell me, is it only problem of my camera or it affects all?