New Problem with hotmail in the miui mail app

Jun 17, 2014
On my mi 3 with miui multi cancro 4.7.18 I have something strange with my hotmail I use in the mail app.
I received security codes a few times in my hotmail, but I didn't ask and I didn't want to change anything.
After that I changed my hotmail password for security on the pc. I had to logon on the pc with the new password.
But... strange, I could still receive on my mi3 my hotmail with the old password.
I deleted the hotmail account on my mi 3 now because I don't trust it anymore

You can get to your downloaded email even offline, there's nothing strange about that. The point is to try downloading your new messages and then it would prompt you to type your new password. And you definitely couldn't receive any new messages with a wrong password. Nevertheless some people can't access their accounts even with a correct pw :)

I deleted every message in my hotmail account, and I did sent a new test message from another mail account to my hotmail
and that came into my hotmail on my mi3 without I ever changed to the new password, that's what I didn't like at all.

Nonsense. Email client won't communicate with the server without your password. Isn't it possible you mistakenly changed password to a different account? The least you can do is to create a new account and test it again. You will see, that your described behavior is not possible.

Nonsense. Email client won't communicate with the server without your password. Isn't it possible you mistakenly changed password to a different account? The least you can do is to create a new account and test it again. You will see, that your described behavior is not possible.
Isn't it possible the email session on my phone was still opened with the old pw after I changed the pw on my pc? I deleted the account from my phone because someone with ip from Kiev Russia tried to login with wrong pw some days ago and I get alerts that someone tried to change my security data. I don't trust it and more.

I have a strange manner with my outlook too. The account randomly redownload all the mail content. Dont know why, even try to recreate the email profile. Its happen everydays.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk