Problem with installing ROM via TWRP (A/B device)

afrolucas

Members
Mar 14, 2022
I have problem with installing new ROM on phone Xiaomi MIX4 with A/B Partition file system. I followed this tutorial: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/
Before I started my trying to update my system, my phone was running this ROM from xiaomi.eu community and everything was running good.: xiaomi.eu_multi_MIX4_V13.0.6.0.SKMCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip

Newer ROM, I want to install, is this one: xiaomi.eu_multi_MIX4_V13.0.8.0.SKMCNXM_v13-12.zip
but this new ROM can’t be installed simple through fastboot as previous one, so I need to do it in more complicated way (via TWRP):

Steps I did:
1. I did all data backup on external drive.
2. Phone is fully charged.
3. Bootloader is unlocked.
4. USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking allowed
5. Reboot to bootloader
6. Set active B partition through ADB command – “fastboot set_active b”
7. Run TWRP and tried to wipe all the data through WIPE button, but error occurred:
315521836_688143032920197_578597564471793323_n.jpg

8. Trying to install TWRP zip file (twrp-installer-3.7.0_11-0-odinx.zip) through TWRP Install button, but this error occurred:
315975631_495318572660784_7992989233712623414_n.jpg

Can you help me, what do I wrong? What step did I miss?

I tried a few alternative ways to solve this problem, but nothing helped and phone acctually can't run android anymore. Only shows fastboot logo and nothing else.

Thank you very much
Lukas

If you follow the instructions from XDA, look for help on XDA.:p

Wrong procedure and wrong format and TWRP version.. Proper TWRP
Do not do points 6 and 7.

Thank you very much for your help, and sorry for confusing instructions from another web. Now I know that I need to look for help only in this forum.
One more time, thank you very much, everything is working fine with your help now.

If you follow the instructions from XDA, look for help on XDA.:p

Wrong procedure and wrong format and TWRP version.. Proper TWRP
Do not do points 6 and 7.

You are a STAR!! I've been trying to solve this problem for months! Official TWRP for Odin would not prompt for pattern and hence not decrypt my data partition where the update rom file was. Could not get around this until I booted from THIS version of TWRP. THANK YOU!!