Problem With Locked Fastboot Mode

Pedroncillo

Members
Mar 31, 2017
Hello all,

I have already received my confirmation SMS to do the unlock bootloader to my Xiaomi Redmi Pro, but now I have a problem where the phone has Fastboot mode blocked.

I am currently using the china version weekly developer 7.3.23 with MIUI 8.

Does anyone know why this happens? Or how to access / activate the Fastboot mode?

Regards.

PD: I post here because i cant find one answer to this problem.

Hello all,

I have already received my confirmation SMS to do the unlock bootloader to my Xiaomi Redmi Pro, but now I have a problem where the phone has Fastboot mode blocked.

I am currently using the china version weekly developer 7.3.23 with MIUI 8.

Does anyone know why this happens? Or how to access / activate the Fastboot mode?

Regards.

PD: I post here because i cant find one answer to this problem.
Hi,
You can boot into Fastboot mode by turning off your device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time to enter fastboot mode

Hi,
You can boot into Fastboot mode by turning off your device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time to enter fastboot mode

Hi Wilderone,

I can`t boot into Fastboot mode by turning off my device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time because when I enter in the Security app and select About root access, a screen is saying that "Fastboot isn´t unlocked on this device. Can`t get root access".

So, i don`t know how to solve it with other method.

Attachments

• photo_2017-03-27_18-52-26.jpg
    photo_2017-03-27_18-52-26.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 712
Hi Wilderone,

I can`t boot into Fastboot mode by turning off my device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time because when I enter in the Security app and select About root access, a screen is saying that "Fastboot isn´t unlocked on this device. Can`t get root access".

So, i don`t know how to solve it with other method.
Did you unlock your bootloader officially using the Mi Unlock tool & it was successful?

I have never seen that screen before, usually it refers to "bootloader" not "Fastboot"

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Did you unlock your bootloader officially using the Mi Unlock tool & it was successful?

I have never seen that screen before, usually it refers to "bootloader" not "Fastboot"

I flashing the China Developer Weekly ROM with SP Flash Tool, because the ROM that have from the shop have many bugs and errors. So now, I receive the code to the Mi Unlock tool, but i cant do it, because the phone cant enter in Fastboot Mode, i Try with traditional mode and with ADB, but the phone only restart normally like dont have Fastboot or are blocked.

I flashing the China Developer Weekly ROM with SP Flash Tool, because the ROM that have from the shop have many bugs and errors. So now, I receive the code to the Mi Unlock tool, but i cant do it, because the phone cant enter in Fastboot Mode, i Try with traditional mode and with ADB, but the phone only restart normally like dont have Fastboot or are blocked.
I'm part of the MIUI development team over on en.miui.com

I asked our moderators & team members this question because I have personally not come across this Fastboot page.

But apparently it's normal & will change once the bootloader is unlocked.

The response I got from our team was;

"Since he can't enter fastboot mode..

He can enter fastboot mode by using adb command..
Install adb and fastboot driver
Enable USB Debugging from developer options
Connect the phone to PC, (it will notify to approve enable USB Debugging from the PC)
On window C:\adb folder, press shift + right click
Click on open command window here
(adb console will pop up)
Enter adb command

adb devices
adb reboot bootloader

This command should pushed the phone to enter fastboot mode

If the problem persist..
(this means that his boot partition in corrupted or erased)
Told him to re-flash the ROM (either using recovery ROM or fastboot ROM

Then check again the bootloader status (this will required him to enter fastboot mode)

I'm part of the MIUI development team over on en.miui.com

I asked our moderators & team members this question because I have personally not come across this Fastboot page.

But apparently it's normal & will change once the bootloader is unlocked.

The response I got from our team was;

"Since he can't enter fastboot mode..

He can enter fastboot mode by using adb command..
Install adb and fastboot driver
Enable USB Debugging from developer options
Connect the phone to PC, (it will notify to approve enable USB Debugging from the PC)
On window C:\adb folder, press shift + right click
Click on open command window here
(adb console will pop up)
Enter adb command

adb devices
adb reboot bootloader

This command should pushed the phone to enter fastboot mode

If the problem persist..
(this means that his boot partition in corrupted or erased)
Told him to re-flash the ROM (either using recovery ROM or fastboot ROM

Then check again the bootloader status (this will required him to enter fastboot mode)

Thanks you so much Wilderone, with this tutorial i can access to the Fastboot mode and finally I use the Mi Unlock Tools with success. Problem Solved!! :)