Problem With Ms Exchange

elien

Members
Mar 19, 2016
Miui 8 is really great only there are masive problems with ms exchange you can not create an account it always comes password or username wrong although it was 100% right one was given. Have a mi5 handy.

can you help me with this problem ??

If you want to connect an outlook.com or hotmail account using exchange, create an app password on the outlook account page, and use it instead of your regular password.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

I confirm that thre is problem with registration exchange account on last 3 or 2 ROMS. You can downgrade to 8.0.10, register your exchange account and then upgrade to actual version. 8.0.10 is the last ROM where exchange registration work properly.

After upgrading to Nougat, I hoped the exchange problem would be solved.
It's still failing to connect.
I might have to downgrade, since this is important to me, to be able to view my work calender.
Anyone remember which version it last worked on ?

After upgrading to Nougat, I hoped the exchange problem would be solved.
It's still failing to connect.
I might have to downgrade, since this is important to me, to be able to view my work calender.
Anyone remember which version it last worked on ?
Hi,

I have the same problem after updating to Android 7 ROM. I've downgraded to the last stable and I still cannot login I. Exchange. After that I've restored a twrp backup that use to work but ...i still cannot login!.....all the Roms are from Xiaomi.eu.

I had the same problem more than a year ago (with my old mi4 Roms) and to solve the problem I have to install a stable ROM with fastboot....and is what I going to do finally because I'm fed up trying native email app working with my company exchange.

By the way, of course my exchange account is working ( I can use it with another mobile, with my laptop and even with the Microsoft email app in my MI5).

That is my experience!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eddydl and aarfeldt
Outlook Client...hmmm...good idea.
Works...fantastic :)
I prefer the native MIUI email client. Better integration with the calendar, dialer, etc. But is an option that always works.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk