Problems After Update

Arreis

Members
Jan 30, 2018
Hi, everyone! Gather round, and I'll tell you my tale of woe and despair...

I've been happy with a Redmi Pro for the last year or so. Bought it from a China retailer, and they sent it unlocked and with a custom rom in English. I flashed the Xiaomi.eu stable version immediately, and everything worked fine... but some time ago I tried the updated MIUI9 stable version. Then the trouble started.

Battery drains, loss of connectivity, the usual problems that apparently arise from not making a clean format when updating. So I formatted: I got into TWRP and wiped everything before flashing another version. This time I felt like trying the weekly, but something went wrong, and the flashing process got stuck. I tried several times, and nothing worked. Then I flashed a stock version (with custom rom inside to prevent re-locking) with SP Flash Tool, reinstalled TWRP and tried an earlier weekly. This time it worked, but when I updated (via OTA) I lost the wifi. Apparently, my MAC address got reset to 20:00:00:...

Since then, I've flashed, reinstalled TWRP and tried more versions than I can count, but the problem is still the same: when I start the phone, I get no wifi. Or network, at all, even with the sim card inside. So, I cannot even get past the initial MIUI setup, since it requires network access to verify the phone. I no longer know what to try, so I thought maybe somebody from around here could give me some pointers to try out, or maybe some tutorial I've missed. Hope you guys can help. You're my only hope right now.

Thanks in advance, everyone. Cheers.

Hi, Nxkealen, and thanks for the reply!

OK, I'll try this link after work, and see what it brings. I understand that this firmware is just in Chinese, right? If it works, what would be the next step in order to install the eu version? I suppose this will again lock my phone, but some insight would be appreciated...

I'll tell you how it goes, but if you could guide me through the rest in the meantime, that would be awesome. Thanks again :)

Maybe first try to install China dev rom. You will be able to acces root in settings. If it boots up, install flashify app. tru this You can flash TWRP recovery again.After this You should be able to install custom rom You want.with the stock firmware You have to probably unlock bootloader again,root and install TWRP with adb. Backup all You can!! also imei before proceeding with stock firmware. I would also reccomend to remove SD card and sim card before flashing Just to be on the save side.For all actions You can find tuto on this forum.

Hi again.

I just tried flashing the China dev rom, with no success. Apparently, my device is now locked. All the ways I've found to unlock it require me to enter developer mode, but since the IMEI is invalid (I just realized, there's a message telling so when I start the phone), I can't complete the Xiaomi registration process and I can't enter the settings to allow USB debugging.

So, to sum up:
- My phone is locked.
- Its IMEI is invalid.
- I'm stuck at the Xiaomi validation process from the first boot, and I can't enter the settings.

Any ideas? :(

Hi again.

I just tried flashing the China dev rom, with no success. Apparently, my device is now locked. All the ways I've found to unlock it require me to enter developer mode, but since the IMEI is invalid (I just realized, there's a message telling so when I start the phone), I can't complete the Xiaomi registration process and I can't enter the settings to allow USB debugging.

So, to sum up:
- My phone is locked.
- Its IMEI is invalid.
- I'm stuck at the Xiaomi validation process from the first boot, and I can't enter the settings.

Any ideas? :(
Nothing easy I'm affraid, i don't have any experiance with that problem.But I have found this tutorial on the net

https://xiaomifirmware.com/guides-and-tips/restore-lost-imei-xiaomi-redmi-pro/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Pro met Tapatalk

Yes, I saw that tutorial yesterday, but immediately dismissed it because I couldn't find anywhere the links to download the required files. Do you have any idea where I could find them? The zip called "nikel_images_6.9.29_20160805.0000.29_6.0_cn" and the file called "cust.img".

Thanks again.

Yes, I saw that tutorial yesterday, but immediately dismissed it because I couldn't find anywhere the links to download the required files. Do you have any idea where I could find them? The zip called "nikel_images_6.9.29_20160805.0000.29_6.0_cn" and the file called "cust.img".

Thanks again.
Take a look here, Read first its also for redmi pro

http://en.miui.com/thread-411112-1-1.html

Well, first of all, thanks a great lot, Nxkealen! Thanks to that last tutorial, I was able to successfully recover the IMEI and MEID and flash the official dev rom. After that I unlocked with the official program, but now, again, my phone can find no networks through wifi. This worked before, it worked long enough to finish the Xiaomi activation on first boot and to activate root, but now it's stopped working for good.

Apparently, this has to do with the MAC address, which seems to be broken (it's now 20:00:00:00:00:00). I've searched around and found no way to fix this, so I'm going to ask for your help once again, since you've been able to help me quite a lot so far. Do you have any insight about this?

Thanks again.

Well, first of all, thanks a great lot, Nxkealen! Thanks to that last tutorial, I was able to successfully recover the IMEI and MEID and flash the official dev rom. After that I unlocked with the official program, but now, again, my phone can find no networks through wifi. This worked before, it worked long enough to finish the Xiaomi activation on first boot and to activate root, but now it's stopped working for good.

Apparently, this has to do with the MAC address, which seems to be broken (it's now 20:00:00:00:00:00). I've searched around and found no way to fix this, so I'm going to ask for your help once again, since you've been able to help me quite a lot so far. Do you have any insight about this?

Thanks again.
Not my work at all but try this ,again first read full post
https://appuals.com/fix-020000-mac-address-android-custom-roms/

Hi again, and thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. None of the paths mentioned in the tutorial seemed to match the Redmi Pro: I couldn't find a "bootdevice" folder at /dev/block/, or a "persist" folder at the root folder. I've been trying to find similar tutorials that give alternate paths, since the solution seemd quite straightforward once you can find the files, but I didn't have any luck.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. None of the paths mentioned in the tutorial seemed to match the Redmi Pro: I couldn't find a "bootdevice" folder at /dev/block/, or a "persist" folder at the root folder. I've been trying to find similar tutorials that give alternate paths, since the solution seemd quite straightforward once you can find the files, but I didn't have any luck.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
There are also apps on playstore that could restore mac adress
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.xnano.android.changemymac

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
You can try this:

http://en.miui.com/thread-428917-1-1.html

The WiFi issue is explained in the first part.

Hi, everyone,

First of all, thank you to everyone who has tried to help. I've learned quite a lot, and this'll all come useful in the future, I'm sure.

That being said, after too many days of trying to fix this by many methods, we've decided to stop worrying about this and buy a new phone. I'll probably keep prodding at this, but with much less urgency.

Again, thank you all for your time, especially to you, Nxkealen, you've been tons of help :)

Reactions: Nxkealen
Hi, everyone,

First of all, thank you to everyone who has tried to help. I've learned quite a lot, and this'll all come useful in the future, I'm sure.

That being said, after too many days of trying to fix this by many methods, we've decided to stop worrying about this and buy a new phone. I'll probably keep prodding at this, but with much less urgency.

Again, thank you all for your time, especially to you, Nxkealen, you've been tons of help :)
Glad to have been helpfull,sorry it didn't fix your device