Problems With New 8.2.1.0 Laccndl

TuTuNightmare

Members
Feb 19, 2017
Hi everybody.
This morning I tried to update my MiPad2 with the last release downloaded from here, the 8.2.1.0 LACCNDL.
I was running the 8.1.3.0 LACCNDI, always downloaded from here.

I tried to update from updater app but failed, so i tried directly from TWRP. But failed in the same way...stuck on first screen (MI in the middle, android and 3 moving dots in the bottom). I tried over and over.
At last I solved flashing from TWRP the "old" 8.1.3.0 laccndi and it got back into life.
Am I the only one facing this issue?
Am I doing something wrong?
What can I do?

Thanks everybody.

P.s. I hashchecked the file and it's ok.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Daniel V.
Exact same! I was just checking for a thread like this. Glad I just have to reinstall 8.1.3 without wiping.
I love en.miui builds, the best of China and global, but it's the second time I have problems flashing a stable, the other time it was on my mi5 and I had to manually restore the imei! I'm starting to lose trust but there are no globals for mipad2

It's my second time updating the MiPad, and this time I got errors...so in my experience it's 50% D:
Glad not to be the only one, and I guess there's a problem with the package. I was reading in other's devices threads that many had issues and often the problem was in a sort of new bootloader or something like that...rom was removed from download, fixed and reuploaded. Maybe will this be our destiny too?

I know mipad2 is not a common device but, as u said, no globals so or china or these roms... and I am a bit worried that after 3 days only 3 of us reported the issue and there's a total silence from developers (that i thakn for the job), at least remove the rom from dowload list.

Luckly nothing important seems to be compromised, just flash old working rom ( i did that from OTG in twrp) and tablet is working again without wipe or loss.

Let's hope for the best

I'll check the md5 to see if it was a bad download but I don't think so.
OTG or adb push if you don't have a usb drive handy

I flashed xiaomi eu rom 8.2.1 downloaded directly on the mipad, flashed it and i have no problems. I wiped cache and davlik after flashing, and everithing works, as far as i know. Before i had a dev rom on the pad, maybe your problem is related to the previous rom present in the mipad2.

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

I tried to flash wiping cache/dalvik before and after the flash but still nothing....
Probably we will have to wait, just wait...... :(

Tutti italiani qui :D

I did full wipe, too System, but nothing. I downloaded more times the package. I don't know. I'll try to install dev version. Stay tuned!

Redmi 4 Pro

I flashed dev rom with successful. The package is corrupt.

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I think the package wasn't uploaded. I did download one hour ago. It's damage, for me. Enjoy!

Redmi 4 Pro

I updated without any problems. Dirty flashed from 8.1.3 stable always by xiaomi.eu. Zero problems so far, maybe a little battery drain but i still have to be certain.

same as above - updated without problems. file downloaded 16/02/2017 18:27
flashed from file no errors. no root

I see that file 8.2.1 has been removed from download list. That's a good sign :)
Hoping for a new correct one soon :)

new img just crashed my previosu 8.2.1 img..... also recovery twrp is gone and original mi recovery was installed.... crap... already deleted old img 8.2.1 :(

i had to install twrp again, than by usb-otg dl old img 8.1.3.0 form dec-2016 and install zip file from twrp - now aftrer reboot and 3 dots is % initializing and optimizing apps....
there is sth wrong with this new img 8.2.1.0 - so far i've installed roms form november 8.1.1.0 then december 8.1.3.0 and previous img with 8.2.1.0 was installed just fine and running ok.... i don't get it whats wrong now......after installing this new rom 8.2.1.0 by twrp zip files after reboot i get MI logo wiht short green progress bar andd than another restart with MI logo and bootloader error 3 than bootloop sytarting android with 3 dots and inactive keys below screen..... any ideas whats wrong ?

Last edited:
Yeah... same crap as before. No problems with stock 8.2.1 stable. Would be nice from team side to test, before release something. No problem for me, but might be a problem for others.
Actually, I would say, that this latest release is quite dangerous. I went back to my previous ROM only after user data reset. So, be careful and create backup before try.

Last edited:
Reactions: eddydl
Yeah, still removed. I guess we are the testers since this isn't an official ROM? If so I'm ok with it, and this thread still makes sense, as constructive feedback.

Reactions: seaeyes