Invalid Proximity sensor issue in Redmi Note 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfxsfx

Members
Oct 15, 2020
Redmi Note 9 - MIUI 12.0.4

My proximity sensor is always detecting that I am close to my phone. I can't use the screen without the annoying notification, I can't cut the phone calls, I can't listen properly to media, it is really annoying. Disabling the pocket mode only fixes the annoying notification every time that I unblock the phone, but all the other problems persists.

I tried everything, recalibrating the sensor, factory restore, different versions of MIUI12, and none of these things seems to fix the problem. It seems that there is a hardware damage or a bigger bug. I bought the phone only 10 days ago. Really I can't understand how something can break so easily. No water splashes, no falls, nothing, the sensor stop working alone.

Is something else that I can do to fix this problem or I have to return the phone and ask for my money back?

Do any of you have any screen protectors? What does CIT test say, is it working? Was it the same on stock?

Reactions: Poney70
Hi, I am not sure if the problem I have is the same as what you describe, but probably they all should have the same reason. on my MI 9t pro, during the call when the screen is off (black) when I take it away from my ear the screen remains off (black) for a while. Also, sometimes when I want to use the phone from the idle mood, the screen will not work with the first few touches- some times it takes up to 20 sec for the screen to come up. at this period I can see some horizontal green line on the screen!

This problem started in December 2020 (probably with MI 12.0.3). I contacted Xiaomi UK, they advised me to wait for a new update. However, nothing has changed after update 12.0.4 in January 2021(link to a video from this issue: 9T pro )

Do you have any suggestion for this issue/ Bug?

Hi, I am not sure if the problem I have is the same as what you describe, but probably they all should have the same reason. on my MI 9t pro, during the call when the screen is off (black) when I take it away from my ear the screen remains off (black) for a while. Also, sometimes when I want to use the phone from the idle mood, the screen will not work with the first few touches- some times it takes up to 20 sec for the screen to come up. at this period I can see some horizontal green line on the screen!

This problem started in December 2020 (probably with MI 12.0.3). I contacted Xiaomi UK, they advised me to wait for a new update. However, nothing has changed after update 12.0.4 in January 2021(link to a video from this issue: 9T pro )

Do you have any suggestion for this issue/ Bug?
Are you using custom xiaomi.eu ROM or stock?

Are you using custom xiaomi.eu ROM or stock?

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I am very new to these things. as I searched I found that The stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system in your device. if this is the case, I am using the stock Rom ( I have not changed the operating system since I bought the phone last year).

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I am very new to these things. as I searched I found that The stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system in your device. if this is the case, I am using the stock Rom ( I have not changed the operating system since I bought the phone last year).
Then you should ask in the Global Xiaomi Forum. This one only deals with the custom ROM that the guys here develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.