[Q] How to port to Evo

lithid

Regular user
Nov 6, 2010
Is there a how-to somewhere on how to port this rom to the evo from the desire? I have tried searching the web and I have come to find nothing yet to help me. I would like to learn the process or troubleshooting techniques if even on a basic level since I will pick it pretty easy... Just need to know where to start.

I'd try dsixda's HTC Android Kitchen... I think it has support for porting ROMs. Anyone else has tips?

dan0412 said:
I'd try dsixda's HTC Android Kitchen... I think it has support for porting ROMs. Anyone else has tips?
I kinda just figured it out last night and have a full build from desire to evo... its pretty neato.

lithid said:
dan0412 said:
I kinda just figured it out last night and have a full build from desire to evo... its pretty neato.

Hey lithid, any progress on this front? I am pursuing this as an academic exercise, learning the ropes along the way. So far, I have been able to (using dsixda's kitchen) port the Nexus 11.12 MIUI that boots on the EVO. What's not working right now: home, menu, back , search buttons. It might have to do with not copying the right lib/hw files. Can you provide some pointers? Thanks.

EDIT: NVM.... I finally copied over the right files /system/usr.