Question About Bootloader...

jucass

Members
Apr 13, 2016
hi! i just bought a Mi Pad 2 from gearbest. it cames with a custom rom, something like v7 0.99.99.
i was wondering: if the tablet came with a custom rom, it means the bootloader is unlocked and i can install eu rom just loading the rom on the pad and using mirecovery?

Reactions: Angelo1
hi! i just bought a Mi Pad 2 from gearbest. it cames with a custom rom, something like v7 0.99.99.
i was wondering: if the tablet came with a custom rom, it means the bootloader is unlocked and i can install eu rom just loading the rom on the pad and using mirecovery?
Hi! I'm in the same situation. Did you find an answer?

Sent by Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 - Alfio Gardenia

Reactions: Stefano131270
might be an older chinese stable ... but try it, unlocking bootloader isnt the hardest thing on the mipad 2. i would do a complete wipe and even would reflash the recovery ...

Don't care about this old v7 0.99.99. Don't care about locked or unlocked your bootloader. Take instruction from here about correct flashing to avoid 963 error. Then unlock bootloader. Flash TWRP. Flash xieomi.eu version. All instructions are on site.

You did something wrong. You would not be able to flash TWRP on locked bootloader.