Question about double SIM in my Redmi Note 9 Pro Global

jamxbit

Members
Dec 22, 2020
Hello friends!

Week ago, I bought the Global version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro in a Movistar store.

In the box it shows 2 IMEI so I assumed that the device is dual SIM.

However when opening the box there is a user information message that says that: "the sim2 slot is disabled by software"

Understanding that if it is disabled by software, it is possible to re-enable it, right?

Thinking that it could be a problem with the modified Movistar ROM,
What I did next is unlock the bootloader and then wait 1 week to install the EU ROM, installation was good, but SIM 2 is not enabled =(
To discard, im going to Settings » About phone » tap multiple times on Internal storage, and shows only "PHONE 0" on SIM slot

You guys, do you think there is any possibility to enable SIM 2, maybe by fastboot or some other command?

Hello friends!

Week ago, I bought the Global version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro in a Movistar store.

In the box it shows 2 IMEI so I assumed that the device is dual SIM.

However when opening the box there is a user information message that says that: "the sim2 slot is disabled by software"

Understanding that if it is disabled by software, it is possible to re-enable it, right?

Thinking that it could be a problem with the modified Movistar ROM,
What I did next is unlock the bootloader and then wait 1 week to install the EU ROM, installation was good, but SIM 2 is not enabled =(
To discard, im going to Settings » About phone » tap multiple times on Internal storage, and shows only "PHONE 0" on SIM slot

You guys, do you think there is any possibility to enable SIM 2, maybe by fastboot or some other command?
Your EFS partition has been modified,
There is some way to restore the IMEI , but most of them relies on having a backup of your original EFS (it is unique for each device, so a backup from another device won't help), in your case you haven't the original Backup , u can still try a few other methods, but if you don't have experience in this subject you can break your phone very very easily.

Btw, flashing any kind of Rom, restoring stock , ... Won't HELP.

You need to restore the original EFS partition , or you need to restore your ORİGİNAL .qcn file.

Maybe the seller still has those backups for you.

I have a phone with same situation you have, and I am totally happy with it.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 9S mit Tapatalk

Reactions: jamxbit
Maybe with UMT Qcfire or Hydra tool you can do that I still don't try with that phone either both are paid programs I have these but never try that model I'm thinking of messing with my brother phone xD I recommend you to don't do anything unless you have orientation and a unlocked bootloader but without those tools you cannot do much bro

Enviado desde mi RMX2063 mediante Tapatalk