Question about SafetyNet test?

acer09

Members
Dec 16, 2020
Hello,

i want to flash a xiaomi.eu Rom on my Xiaomi MI 10T Lite 5G. If I open the bootloader and flash the Rom without root and Magisk will the SafetyNet test pass? Will bank apps work?

Or does the bootloader have to be closed again and if I do a ROM update, then it has to be opened again?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

- SafetyNet results depends on Google strategy: Google servers can use the new SafetyNet "hardware" attestation method and so your device will not pass "CTS Profile match" test (SafetyNet "fails") - OR - Google servers may still use the old "basic" attestation method and so SafetyNet will pass. :)

- Never relock the bootloader if you currently have a custom ROM (xiaomi.eu ROMs are custom ROMs) on your device! You will brick it. ;)

Reactions: acer09
Hello,

and will banking apps work if I have flashed the xiaomi.eu Rom and the SafetyNet fails and does not have root?

Thanks

Hello,

and will banking apps work if I have flashed the xiaomi.eu Rom and the SafetyNet fails and does not have root?

Thanks
Some banking apps are strict about phone security and some not... You may not be able to use NFC payments if you don't pass SafetyNet tests. ;)

It says CTS fail but my banking app with Lloyds work, so does Gpay. Mine is not rooted.
There is a way that you can get CTS to show as passed using Magisk but using this and hiding the fact it's rooted seems to still stop my Sky app. It somehow finds it's rooted even when hidden and safety net passes.
There are post about on how to use Magisk this way, just do a search.

Hello,

- SafetyNet results depends on Google strategy: Google servers can use the new SafetyNet "hardware" attestation method and so your device will not pass "CTS Profile match" test (SafetyNet "fails") - OR - Google servers may still use the old "basic" attestation method and so SafetyNet will pass. :)

- Never relock the bootloader if you currently have a custom ROM (xiaomi.eu ROMs are custom ROMs) on your device! You will brick it. ;)
It looks like it is. My SafetyTest is always passed, the same GPay works without any fixes, regardless of the firmware.
IMG_20201213_124112.png

It says CTS fail but my banking app with Lloyds work, so does Gpay. Mine is not rooted.
There is a way that you can get CTS to show as passed using Magisk but using this and hiding the fact it's rooted seems to still stop my Sky app. It somehow finds it's rooted even when hidden and safety net passes.
My Bank apps are working, Revolut is working, CTS failed, and yet Gpay doesn't work :(

Hello, does your Sky App work with an open bootloader but without root?

Thanks

Hello,

thank you for this details. This is interesting. So it will be more difficult in the future to find workarounds... if they will only use hardware related test.

You can use MagiskHide Props Config Module and switch to Mi 10 fingerprint to pass SafetyTest, then GPay and most banking apps work.