Question regarding backup / Fake or not fake

fabiank

Members
Sep 23, 2013
Hi community,

I just bought a Xiaomi 2S some days ago and now I was thinking to flash it with the newest MultiLang ROM. So I found this forum, tried to gather information regarding Backup, ROMS, Flashing etc. cause I don't have experience with that. However, I was getting really nervous if I actually got a fake phone or not. Seeking on your expert advise on the following:

1. I was trying the antutu benchmark and it gave me a score of more than 25,000 points which would indicate a no-fake, right?
2. I would like to do a backup. However, I cannot find any Backup App which I read so much about. If I go to settings > Backup & reset, I can only see 'Back up my data' to Google servers. When I activate this, nothing happens.
3. Unfortnately, every communication with Google servers seems to fail (except Mail sync). Google Play Store, which I downloaded, is not working.
4. Under settings > Accounts, there is no Xiaomi account.
5. I don't have any Updater app installed.

Please excuse that there might be some newbie questions, but I kind of feel really uncomfortable with the situation. It might be that flashing with a new ROM solves some of the problems - however I cannot even do a backup or download the ROM Manager since I have no access to the Google Play Store.

Hope you can help me! Thanks in advance for sharing with me! :)

Can you go in recovery?
Turn on the phone holding power and cul up
If you get the mi recory your phone is not a fake.

Antuttu isn't reliable because on fake it is installed a cracked version.
Install hardware info and post a screenshot.

Yes, if I turn on the phone with power + vol. up, i come to a menu where I can chose between Recovery / Factory / Normal boot. If I turn it on with power + vol. down, a fastboot appears.
Actually, the Antutu was not pre-installed, I downloaded it with the MiMarket.

Thank you so far! Do you have any ideas regarding the other questions? For example, the Backup App & Updater App? Is ait actually possible to flash with the help of the recovery mode only or do I need the ROM Manager?

Download the latest rom from this site and put it on your phone. Go into recovery and install this file. Now you have play store also.

Ok, any chance I can backup my apps, contacts etc.without the apps? Like copy manually or something?

This the screenshots from Hardware Info. Let me know, if you also need the rest of the screenshots (it's 8 in total).
Also please see how the recovery looks like. Can I also do a backup from here (it is shown as an option)? I tried it and it is now visible in the root folder of the device.

Thanks for help :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-27-34.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-27-34.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-27-53.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-27-53.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-28-04.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-28-04.png
    175 KB · Views: 246
  • Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-28-18.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-28-18.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN1000.JPG
    DSCN1000.JPG
    693 KB · Views: 268
Sorry its a fake. The recovery is standard android and not mi recovery.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

F*ck any other opinions? Cause I have a textual recovery, yes, but at the same time I have a Qualcoom CPU, Adreno GPU and a registered IMEI...

no you don't info showed in the recovery are false, you have a mediatek cpu and a powervr gpu i'm sure there's a thread about it showing a disassembled fake model.
Sorry for your bad luck try to get a refund

This is so weird, cause llok at the Hardware Info screenshot...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-28-57.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-25-22-28-57.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 241
Anyway it's interesting how even hardware info isn't reliable to find out real system specs.
If you're interested in more info take a look at this thread

Isn't that the size only? Cause Antutu gives me a resolution of 720x1280 and it was not pre-installed, i downloaded it from the Market. Any chance?

No mi recovery means, fake xiaomi phone. Xiaomi phones can have original mi recovery or cwm recovery that can be installed manually (new phones comes always with mi recovery)

Reactions: Coldbird
you cannot install any Mi2/S rom on your phone obviously because your phone is not a Mi2/S!
trying install a rom will probably brick it

So, if I have to prove that the phone is a fake, what would you recommend me to show to the seller?
1. Missing MI Recovery?
2. Screen Resolution?
3. Missing Backup / Updater App?
4. Problems of Google connecting / synchronizing?
5. IMEI sticker?

Anything else coming to your mind? I am still so skeptical, cause the phone in general seems to be well manufactured and not as cheap and 'apparent' and obviously fake as many others...
Thanks!

Show him what you listed above
The error that gives you flashing the orifginal rom zip.

Man sorry to be that rude, but trust me they copied exactly the shell of the phone but chipset and screen are different and lower in specs.
The textual android recovery you have proves that is 100% fake, here is some shots of a fake mi 2S

Tell me where did you bought the phone? So i can add the seller to our list of genuine and fake sellers.

The error that gives you flashing the orifginal rom zip.

What do you extactly mean? Cause as mentioned above, if I try to flash it with original, it will probably break, right?
Actually, I bought the phone at Zhongguancun in Beijing together with a Chinese speaking friend, so no online order.
The original MIUI, does it both have a Updater App and a Backapp App or how is it?

I went to the seller today and luckily got a refund. Well, definetely learned my lesson though^^
Thanks again for support, great forum!

Reactions: emaz