Questions before installing ROM on Redmi12 5G

parannoul

Members
May 28, 2023
I bought a Redmi Note 12 5G from China. As I understand it's global ROM and the phone is Chinese version.
It came with MIUI Global 13.0.3 Stable. But I don't know if it's using some custom ROM. The main problem is that Spotify is not working, same issue as this post. And also the Netflix app can't be downloaded from google store, it came with a Netflix app preinstalled, but I can't login to it either.
I want to try to install MIUI 14 and see if that solves my problems but I have a couple questions first, maybe too basic, but I tried my best to find answers in the forum and couldn't solve them.
- If I don't live in Europe, do the ROMs in this website work fine? Is there any difference?
- My phone shows an open lock when booting, I didn't do any bootloader unlocking, but can I assume it is unlocked and proceed without doing the unlocking myself?

1) Yes, they focus on Europe use (some China specific apps are removed for example), but people use them all over the world

2) Yes (the fact that you have a Global ROM on a China phone is another proof the bootloader is unlocked)

Reactions: parannoul
Thank you!!
update: MIUI 14 rom is working perfectly, got Spotify running and everything is working better in general.

Reactions: JiaiJ