Questions regarding POCO X3 Pro ROM

trax72

Members
May 7, 2022
Hi,

I'm new to this site so I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong place or something that was asked before.

I recently purchased POCO X3 Pro phone and *hate* the stock rom... I was thinking of installing your MIUI 13 ROM and I have the following questions:

1. To get support for Hebrew language I should install the global version (codename "vayu") of the ROM right?

2. In the post MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE it says "Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global)" - what does it mean? (does the "global version codename vayu" have these features or not?)

3. Does it support automatic call recording and will Skvalex Call Recorder app work with it? (my current stock ROM support call recording but not automatically and it doesn't work with Skvalex Call Recorder at all because the system call recorder files are hidden somewhere unreachable in the file system).

4. Is it dangerous to flash the ROM using "Fastboot"? (my stock version is currently 13.0.3, based on Android 12).

5. After I flash the ROM can I safely uninstall all the MIUI crap I don't want? (like the YouTube app and stuff like that)

Many thanks,
Tal.

1. Your stock ROM is the Global ROM. Both Global ROMs and ours have Hebrew support (although incomplete because we don't have a translation team)
2. I don't understand your question. We don't answer about what is and what isn't on the official Global ROM. The feature list is for Xiaomi.eu ROMs only.
3. Xiaomi.eu ROMs support automatic call recording.
4. Flashing is always a risk, but usually is safe.
5. The YouTube app is not "MIUI crap", it's "Google crap" if anything. We only have core Google apps on our ROMs. The extra Google apps are replaced with MIUI ones, like Contacts & dialer, Messaging, etc. You can't uninstall system apps.

Reactions: JiaiJ
1. Your stock ROM is the Global ROM. Both Global ROMs and ours have Hebrew support (although incomplete because we don't have a translation team)
2. I don't understand your question. We don't answer about what is and what isn't on the official Global ROM. The feature list is for Xiaomi.eu ROMs only.
3. Xiaomi.eu ROMs support automatic call recording.
4. Flashing is always a risk, but usually is safe.
5. The YouTube app is not "MIUI crap", it's "Google crap" if anything. We only have core Google apps on our ROMs. The extra Google apps are replaced with MIUI ones, like Contacts & dialer, Messaging, etc. You can't uninstall system apps.
Hi Igor,

Thanks for answering quickly.

My 2nd question was about the Xiaomi.eu although I understand now that I confused the terminology. Anyway - you answered it.

Regarding the last question (about uninstalling system apps) - if there are some things I prefer to use a different app for (e.g. I actually like the Google Messaging app), can I disable the system app and use a different one?

Thanks,
Tal.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for answering quickly.

My 2nd question was about the Xiaomi.eu although I understand now that I confused the terminology. Anyway - you answered it.

Regarding the last question (about uninstalling system apps) - if there are some things I prefer to use a different app for (e.g. I actually like the Google Messaging app), can I disable the system app and use a different one?

Thanks,
Tal.
You can use Google Messaging as a default app for SMS/MMS, but you can't disable MIUI Messaging.