Invalid Quick apps

jackep

Members
Jan 5, 2019
On my Mi note 3 quick Apps constantly crash. It's not a big problem but if there is anything that will solve it....
9d4d2d6d411503c9ba01fd633a67d037.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I flashed this on my MiPad 4 (Plus) with no effect. I assume it just reinstalls QuickApps as per the (useful) filename?

On reflection it was a bit reckless of me to flash without checking more, and also see if it required an undo changes option.
Does solve the crashing for us. Not our fault that the app doesn't have 64-bit libs.

Ah. So in my case its a bug with the app missing 64-bit libs?

Thanks for info.
You misunderstood what I said.
The "Quick apps" app (HybridPlatform.apk) only has 32-bit libs, for all devices.
When updating the ROM, Android glitches out and seeks 64-bit libs, which don't exist for this app, and never existed.
Force-reinstallation of the app should stop the crashing.

This file didn't work for me either, quick apps were still crashing. Then I chenged to weekly and the problem disappeared.
Just to be clear, changing to weekly was not due to this issue.

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: gdnsantos
Thanks for getting back Igor.

Tried again, installed your script in TWRP, but this time before rebooting I chose WIPE CACHE/DALVIK option and then booted to system.

Your reinstall Quick Apps script this time now seems to have worked.

Thanks. Maybe the others too might find the same success by wiping cache/dalvik after installing your script and before rebooting.

Thanks for getting back Igor.

Tried again, installed your script in TWRP, but this time before rebooting I chose WIPE CACHE/DALVIK option and then booted to system.

Your reinstall Quick Apps script this time now seems to have worked.

Thanks. Maybe the others too might find the same success by wiping cache/dalvik after installing your script and before rebooting.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Spoke too soon. Problem re-emerged!

Sent feedback (Settings/System Apps /QuickApps /Feedback)
Will just ignore and keep sending feedback.

Spoke too soon. Problem re-emerged!

Sent feedback (Settings/System Apps /QuickApps /Feedback)
Will just ignore and keep sending feedback.
Here as well

About disabling the app, I can't find a way to do that... It doesn't give me this option, grayed out...

Here as well

About disabling the app, I can't find a way to do that... It doesn't give me this option, grayed out...

I have disabled "Quick apps" with no problems in my Mi Note 2 and Mi Mix 1 running EU 9.1.24, and in my Mi Max 1 helium running EU 9.1.3.

So I assumed this should be possible in all devices.

Reflashed the weekly ROM to my Mi Pad 4, noticed the quick app version is 1.3 instead of version 1.2 from stable ROM... Anyone knows if it's possible to force install this updated version to the stable ROM and see if it stops force quitting? Thanks