Quick Settings edit tile missing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedropereira22

Members
Nov 9, 2016
Hi
i noticed the edit tile on quick settings is missing.
My question is, it's normal to be disabled on settings? if yes, how to enable it again?
I'm using 20.3.5 on Redmi Note 7 (lavender)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-09-14-01-43-008_lockscreen.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-09-14-01-43-008_lockscreen.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 5,003
Reactions: Allusernamestaken
I can confirm this bug too.. i had the same issue
But because i had a Mi Cloud in backup i restore it all including quick toggles and it went back to normal
I restored backup from Mi Cloud and I can see the toggles, include Edit tile
Problem Solved :)

Reactions: iamme729
So it is a bug in this build ..
Report it to Igor...not that he can fix it ..

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

I was going to report, but I saw situations that some people had this problem in MIUI 11 Global Stable, I thought it was a feature disabled

Reactions: iamme729
Anyone knows the solution to this? Have been looking all over the settings, but have not found anything to trigger showing the "more" tile.

Same Problem here on mi9t with 11.2 20.3.26 weekly.
I dont have micloud Backup so i cant Check this workaround.

It wouldnt be a good Idea to dirtyflash stable over weekly wouldnt it?

If anybody else facing the same issue, I found a fix.
The issue happens after logging in to your Google and Mi accounts during device setup.
How I fixed it was by installing this app from the playstore (SystemUI Turner):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner
And reset quick settings tiles using it.. that's all.
Now you can edit quick tiles normally without the app, because "Edit" button is back!

The issue happens after logging in to your Google and Mi accounts during device setup.
Now you can edit quick tiles normally without the app, because "Edit" button is back!
Thank you man. It really worked here on the latest eu for Whyred

Solution ...found ! (im using mui 11 on my redmi note 8 ) using adb commands.(download platform tools on your PC etc.)

1) set usb debugging on your phone and also on security settings down below. (you need to have developer access , i suppose how you know how to get it if not google it :) )
2)plug USB cable on your phone and PC or laptop etc. and set on USB mode ptp
3)open cmd and go to your path with the and executable example .. cd C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools_r30.0.1-windows\platform-tools
4)type adb devices hit enter to confirm that you see you device
5)type adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles default
done!

Last edited:

Thank you so much, this fixed the issue for me :)

Solution ...found ! (im using mui 11 on my redmi note 8 ) using adb commands.(download platform tools on your PC etc.)

1) set usb debugging on your phone and also on security settings down below. (you need to have developer access , i suppose how you know how to get it if not google it :) )
3)open cmd and go to your path with the and executable example .. cd C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools_r30.0.1-windows\platform-tools
done!
Worked perfectly!! The easiest and best solution. Thank you, I have been trying to solve it for the past couple of months!

done!
Remember to also turn on this security item. Worked for me then on Xiaomi Note 10 lite
56ce0519efdd0d9de8f4131a4a074782.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Lite using Tapatalk

done!

hey, I'm having problem with num 5, how do I put secure sysui_qs_tiles default? What exactly should I type?
editing: never mind, it worked! thanks!

Last edited:
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro and i had the same problem. I was trying the above suggestions but it didn't work for my phone. So i post a solution that might help others too!

1. Enable developer mode on your phone.
2. Enable "USB Debugging" from the settings for developers and disable "USB Debugging (Security settings)".
3. Download "SystemUI Turner" on your phone from Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=el&gl=US.
4. Download platform-tools on your pc from the following url https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.
5. Extract the .zip file to a desired location.
6. Open file explorer to make sure that there is an "adb" executable file.
7. Then search for "cmd" and make sure that the file "adb_run_shell_cmd" exists.
8. Connect your phone to the computer with usb and click on ptp on your phone.
9. Open cmd.
10. Access the path where you extracted the ZIP e.g. "cd C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools_r30.0.1-windows\platform-tools".
11. Run the command "adb devices" to confirm that you see your devices.
12. Run the command "adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles default".
13. Run the following commands.
  • .\adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
  • adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATSadb shell pm grant -com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.DUMP
14. Close and open again "SystemUI Turner" on your phone.
15. In the app find and enable "Edit".

Status
Not open for further replies.