New Quicksnap mode (video) not working-logcat and screenshots are in the zip file below

T

Tsim Pouki

The phone vibrate when i long press the volume down button but it never vibrates when i release it. It doesn't save any video. If i set it to photo it doesn't even vibrate

Attachments

• log_lmi_V12.5.7.0.RJKCNXM.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
I wish everybody would report bugs like that. Very good.
The issue seems to be right here:
Code:
W ActivityManager: Foreground service started from background can not have location/camera/microphone access: service com.android.camera/.snap.SnapService
E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.camera, PID: 13737
E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: setAudioSource failed.
E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.media.MediaRecorder.setAudioSource(Native Method)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.camera.snap.SnapCamera.setupMediaRecorder(Unknown Source:8)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.camera.snap.SnapCamera.startCamcorder(Unknown Source:17)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.camera.snap.SnapTrigger$1.run(Unknown Source:99)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
I'm not sure why this happens for you though, I can't even reproduce this on Mi 10 on Android 12 (which is more restrictive than Android 11).

Reactions: Tsim Pouki
I wish everybody would report bugs like that. Very good.
The issue seems to be right here:
Code:
W ActivityManager: Foreground service started from background can not have location/camera/microphone access: service com.android.camera/.snap.SnapService
E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.camera, PID: 13737
E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: setAudioSource failed.
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.media.MediaRecorder.setAudioSource(Native Method)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.camera.snap.SnapCamera.setupMediaRecorder(Unknown Source:8)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.camera.snap.SnapCamera.startCamcorder(Unknown Source:17)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.camera.snap.SnapTrigger$1.run(Unknown Source:99)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)
E AndroidRuntime:     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
I'm not sure why this happens for you though, I can't even reproduce this on Mi 10 on Android 12 (which is more restrictive than Android 11).
Is there something that i can try? I already tried clearing app's data, system cache and dalvik, but apparently it's more complicated.. Maybe if i reflash the rom? (like update, without format)
Could this be caused by the same problem that has do with another issue that i had, that sometimes, despite the fact that i was pressing the volume down button, it would only save either the first or the last second of the capture (mostly if I'm moving my phone around-happens in random times, that's why i cant create a log)? It was vibrating when I was starting and stopping pressing the button (I was recording for a few seconds)
I don't remember having issues with previous versions, maybe xiaomi changed something.. I don't know
I formatted my phone before this error, could this be caused by the backup restore? Some apps were affected but they wouldn't open at all without reinstalling

Is there something that i can try? I already tried clearing app's data, system cache and dalvik, but apparently it's more complicated.. Maybe if i reflash the rom? (like update, without format)
Could this be caused by the same problem that has do with another issue that i had, that sometimes, despite the fact that i was pressing the volume down button, it would only save either the first or the last second of the capture (mostly if I'm moving my phone around-happens in random times, that's why i cant create a log)? It was vibrating when I was starting and stopping pressing the button (I was recording for a few seconds)
I don't remember having issues with previous versions, maybe xiaomi changed something.. I don't know
I formatted my phone before this error, could this be caused by the backup restore? Some apps were affected but they wouldn't open at all without reinstalling
I've never seen or heard of an error like that. I would advice a clean flash with factory reset. Nothing else I can advice as I don't have that device.

I've never seen or heard of an error like that. I would advice a clean flash with factory reset. Nothing else I can advice as I don't have that device.
Is there any way to explain to me what is the error because i cant understand the log? Maybe it has to do with an app that i installed or a problematic backup (i think its the most possible since it broke almost every app that it restored)
Also, reflashing the rom didn't do anything but because i don't want to set everything again (because that's what i did before the error) can i use twrp's backup (or any other backup that you recommend) for the data partition and then go to factory reset? Should i just go to factory reset? Or do i have to flash the chinese rom first?

Is there any way to explain to me what is the error because i cant understand the log? Maybe it has to do with an app that i installed or a problematic backup (i think its the most possible since it broke almost every app that it restored)
Also, reflashing the rom didn't do anything but because i don't want to set everything again (because that's what i did before the error) can i use twrp's backup (or any other backup that you recommend) for the data partition and then go to factory reset? Should i just go to factory reset? Or do i have to flash the chinese rom first?
TWRP backup of data partition failed with this error, i dont know if it tells us anything about the problem.. Does quicksnap mode work fine for you? If it doesn't work in other devices as well there's no point to format my phone again

Does quicksnap mode work fine for you? If it doesn't work in other devices as well there's no point to format my phone again
Quick snap works fine for us, like I said in the first reply.

Is there any way to explain to me what is the error because i cant understand the log?
Don't know, some permission issue. Like I said in the second reply, I've never seen or heard of it happening to someone else.

can i use twrp's backup (or any other backup that you recommend) for the data partition and then go to factory reset? Should i just go to factory reset? Or do i have to flash the chinese rom first?
No point in doing a factory reset if you're just going to restore a data backup... clean flash means clean start.

Reactions: Tsim Pouki

Don't know, some permission issue. Like I said in the second reply, I've never seen or heard of it happening to someone else.

No point in doing a factory reset if you're just going to restore a data backup... clean flash means clean start.
Factory reset didn't do anything.. It was working fine before sending my phone for battery replacement (it was off for a while). Then this problem started happening.. It was also working in previous versions so i dont know if there is any other way to fix it.. (first i flashed the chinese rom to start with xiaomi.eu from scratch). Is there any point of rollback to previous version?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey! It's been a while since our last discussion about this topic but I thought that maybe there is something wrong with the camera lib files so I copied the camera folder from system/priv_app. I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look whenever you want, you'll save me a lot of time as a video enthusiast

Hey! It's been a while since our last discussion about this topic but I thought that maybe there is something wrong with the camera lib files so I copied the camera folder from system/priv_app. I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look whenever you want, you'll save me a lot of time as a video enthusiast

Nothing to look at. Doesn't look lib related at all (and if it was, then it was a China issue because we don't touch camera app libs).

Nothing to look at. Doesn't look lib related at all (and if it was, then it was a China issue because we don't touch camera app libs).
ok can you please send the camera apk? Maybe there is something that conflicts with permissions