Poco F3: Persistent Issue Despite Multiple Component Replacements

phonetic

Members
Mar 19, 2024
I have a problem with my Poco F3, so I was wondering if someone had the exact same one and if you found a solution?

There are two main problems that I'm facing and I'll explain everything in detail below:
  1. Phone is not being recognized by the PC or OTG
  2. Strange buzzing vibration
The phone is not recognized by the PC, it starts charging, but data over USB doesn't work. I tried different cables, multiple PCs and even OTG adapters. It just doesn't work. It was working before, but now it doesn't.

Also, whenever I plug in the phone to charge it and disconnect the cable afterwards, it's like the vibration motor is bad and whenever there is a haptic feedback, instead of a normal vibration, it's vibrating and buzzing. And when I restart the phone, it goes back to normal. But if the phone is still connected to the charger and I restart it, the buzzing vibration is not there at first, but once it fully boots up, it starts.

Now the thing is, I replaced almost every possible component (USB board, vibration motor, main flat cable, the battery, and the power button) and the issue still persists.

It might be a software or a hardware problem, I don't know anymore, since the strange buzzing vibration comes back to normal after a restart, but the USB data connection was working before, even with the same ROM, and it also didn't have the issue with the vibration.

Another thing I've noticed is that the buzzing vibration also starts when I connect two phone with a USB-C to USB-C cable, but even though the Poco F3 is the phone that is charging another phone, the buzzing vibration still happens. It does not start for example if I connect the headphones via the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter.

But the strangest thing is that the vibration motor works perfectly, if I go into the Hardware Test Menu (CIT) to test it, it's working fine there and it's also working fine if for example I use a gesture to swipe left to go back. But when I try to use the keyboard or I turn on Vibrate mode, long press the Power button to show the options to Turn off the phone, restart it or anything else, the buzzing vibration is there.

Here is some info about the phone and the ROM, if anyone is facing the same issues, I would like to know if they started with this "update" or if you have a different ROM installed and still have the same problems?

ROM: MIUI 14.0.8.0.TKHCNXM | Stable by xiaomi.eu
Model: M2012K11AG
Android: 13 TKQ1.220829.002