[r4pro/xiaomi Devices In General] Guide To Unlock/flash/get Rid Of Fake Roms

Ok; the version of the Qualcomm driver for some reason didnt work; I used:
- MiFlash 2016.08.30
- Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 ShenQi Inc. 23/04/2015, version 2.0.9.6

Works perfectly, thx for the help!

brilliant guide and worked like a charm - had issues get the unlock to work and had to install the miui suite to get the usb driver to install correctly, aside from that very simple and very helpful. Thank you

First of all, thanks for this guide ! It is really well-explained.
I've done the first step "Let's begin to flash the fastboot rom/Chinese Developer Rom". I've flashed the rom and everything is ok. When i boot the phone and go into the settings (developer options), i don't find the option with which I can bind my phone with my Mi Account under OEM unlocking. Instead there is a line "Mi Unlock Status" saying "Unlock".

Does it mean that my bootloader is unlock ? Do I still have to follow all the step ?

Thanks for the help

First of all, thanks for this guide ! It is really well-explained.
I've done the first step "Let's begin to flash the fastboot rom/Chinese Developer Rom". I've flashed the rom and everything is ok. When i boot the phone and go into the settings (developer options), i don't find the option with which I can bind my phone with my Mi Account under OEM unlocking. Instead there is a line "Mi Unlock Status" saying "Unlock".

Does it mean that my bootloader is unlock ? Do I still have to follow all the step ?

Thanks for the help
Can you add a screenshot? Did you buy the phone new or used? Maybe it was already unlocked...

No matter what - different pc, different cables and usb ports - i always get the same error "cannot read from port xx".
Does anyone have a clue what can be going wrong?

No matter what - different pc, different cables and usb ports - i always get the same error "cannot read from port xx".
Have you followed the procedure thoroughly? Did you install PDANET drivers?

Yes. Instaled PDA on PC and phone.
The phone when in edl mode is recognized on device manager as Qualcomm 9008...

Tried again in an windows 7 PC with no success....Please help

Enviado do meu Mi-4c através de Tapatalk

Did you get it to work? I get the same error...