Random reboots; Dropbox found guilty. What to do about it?

Jan 26, 2015
So, I just found out that maybe I don't have to send my phone back to China after all..
Man I have tried everything and just discovered that Dropbox was causing random reboots.

I'm running build: Xiaomi/aries/aries:4.4.4/KTU84P/5.1.30

I used adb bugreport to get a log and combed it through with a cup of coffee on hand. There I found 400+ log entries for Dropbox with 'system_server_wtf' followed by 'SYSTEM_BOOT' or 'SYSTEM_RESTART' and 'SYSTEM_TOMBSTONE'...
Is this something I should report or can I help debug this somehow so other don't go through the hassle of being waken up in the middle of the night by a phone that is rebooting constantly?

Dennis

I noticed that removing my dropbox app did not fix it. I have now also removed a dropbox from the system using root explorer and rebooted. So far so good, but now I'm testing if this was the definitive fix for me!

DARN. still messed up. The dropbox stuff from the system appears to be used to upload bugreports to somewhere....
The bugreports are from all sorts of stuff so I'll clear them up one by one or maybe just revert the system to stock Chinese / English.
Not sure what I'll do now.

perform a backup [if random reboots allow you to] via any backup app [titanium or similar].
then move to your phone the .zip build of a previous version of MIUI [5.1.23 is good enough] and rename it into "update.zip", then flash it via Mi recovery.
before flashing, run the three wipes from the recovery tool.

once you are into the new build, you can restore the backups you made previously.

p.s.:
5.1.30 build is buggy. don't ever use it anymore.

The phone is new and I have enough backups, don't worry. I'd rather start fresh anyway.
I'll flash the fastboot stable version (V5) JLB49.0 then. Just to be sure there is not also a hardware issue involved.

I went back to stock via the fastboot method just to be 100% sure, but the problems persist. I'm now in contact with the help desk in the hopes of getting a replacement.