New Re: MI10 Stuck on Fastboot

pl1uk

Members
Aug 6, 2020
Hi All,

My phone is constantly stuck on Fastbook mode, I have tried installing TWRP.img, reboot the phone making sure volume up + power button is pressed and nothing is happening.

When I use to powershell to try upload twrp, using the following commands then reboot, nothing happens: -

I have even tried uploading the following rom via the Xiaomi MiFlash Tool and I get the following error.

I have checked the version on the phone and it shows 1. Not sure what I need to do to enable the rom to work on the phone so please advice steps.

getVar.PNG

Thanks.

Attachments

• fastboot.PNG
    fastboot.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 1610531604452.png
    1610531604452.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 166
Try fastboot boot twrp.img (need time) and flash 12.0.1 rom for recovery. Then you will be able to flash via Mi Flash without error

I'm not flash twrp, i'm boot twrp. Not fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, fastboot boot twrp.img. TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
Nah, if you see his/her first post the command is fastboot flash. He/She might have flashed the new twrp, bricking the device.
@pl1uk get the old 3.4.0 (littleturtle) twrp, fastboot flash it, then fastboot boot into the new 1206 twrp and flash rom.
(Check this guide if you want https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/the-ultimate-guide-to-unlock-bootloader-use-twrp-flash-beta-from-stock-rom-setup-and-hide-magisk-for-mi-10-umi-plus-extra-tips.59306/ , it's for doing a clean flash from stock to beta. I also have those 2 twrps and explain some stuff about them.)

Reactions: geoorg
Nah, if you see his/her first post the command is fastboot flash. He/She might have flashed the new twrp, bricking the device.
@pl1uk get the old 3.4.0 (littleturtle) twrp, fastboot flash it, then fastboot boot into the new 1206 twrp and flash rom.
(Check this guide if you want https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/the-ultimate-guide-to-unlock-bootloader-use-twrp-flash-beta-from-stock-rom-setup-and-hide-magisk-for-mi-10-umi-plus-extra-tips.59306/ , it's for doing a clean flash from stock to beta. I also have those 2 twrps and explain some stuff about them.)

Thanks, I will try and let you know. Thanks again.

Thanks, I will try and let you know. Thanks again.

I have managed to flash TWRP 3.4.0.0 on the M10 and install the eu stable rom from here and it worked. Thanks so much for your help on this. Much appreciated. Thank goodness I didn't damage the phone. Thanks again :)

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I have managed to flash TWRP 3.4.0.0 on the M10 and install the eu stable rom from here and it worked. Thanks so much for your help on this. Much appreciated. Thank goodness I didn't damage the phone. Thanks again :)
I have also tried entering my normal pin for phone when decrypting data in TWRP and keeps coming up password failed. Thanks

I have also tried entering my normal pin for phone when decrypting data in TWRP and keeps coming up password failed. Thanks
I think you have to use only patterns (not passwords/pins) as the twrp we use for flashing ~doesn't support the rest (Iain_B also uses fingerprint eith patten and has ~no issues).
Also, if you try to backup/restore nandroid backups, delete the /data/extm folder first, otherwise a problem with the decryption of this specific file might cancel the process (tarfork error/error 255 or something).

I think you have to use only patterns (not passwords/pins) as the twrp we use for flashing ~doesn't support the rest (Iain_B also uses fingerprint eith patten and has ~no issues).
Also, if you try to backup/restore nandroid backups, delete the /data/extm folder first, otherwise a problem with the decryption of this specific file might cancel the process (tarfork error/error 255 or something).
Yep read the article and totally forgot to disable pin from the device, did that and it worked so thanks. Only issue is to get TWRP to stay on the device without using the fastboot method from computer each time I update the firmware. Thanks.

Yep read the article and totally forgot to disable pin from the device, did that and it worked so thanks. Only issue is to get TWRP to stay on the device without using the fastboot method from computer each time I update the firmware. Thanks.
I think in my device the new version gets overwritten by the updates, but the system seems stable. I'd like to mention though, that this twrp (the installed) is ~unusable, so I just fastboot boot into the new with the pc.

I think in my device the new version gets overwritten by the updates, but the system seems stable. I'd like to mention though, that this twrp (the installed) is ~unusable, so I just fastboot boot into the new with the pc.
Thanks buddy! This has been reassuring that you are having a similar issue to me. Much appreciated.