Rebooting mi-one

Aiex

Members
Nov 3, 2012
I seem to have an issue with my mi-one plus which reboots randomly a few times during the day. Charging seems to stop this problem sometimes and and i notice the battery suddenly drops a large amount after it reboots. Sometimes it won't stop rebooting and i have to pull the battery. I've tried flashing different roms via the recovery but doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas what might be casuing this? Help is appreciated!

what version of miui are you running?
since you have been flashing different roms i think you mean versions of the miui rom from this site correct? not completely different roms.

Happened to me yesterday i think that it just did a reboot.
It used to happen if i was running some apps that it would cause the phone to reboot.
Are you running any apps that require root access and after closing the app it reboots?

was runnign chinese miui rom but now using 3.1.25 from this forum, doesn't seem to have changed anything, still have lots of random reboots. i've removed as many apps as i can but this hasn't helped, is there anyway to find out what's causing the reboots? phone is getting usuable sometimes.

try to wirebrush the phone using they guide in my signature. It will factory reset the phone.
Might be something that sort of ****ed your phone up.
Unless you now about a app that you might have installed that causes the problem.
You now any type of "dirty" app. like faceniff, wifikill etc etc apps that isnt "normal" to have for average people :D

hmm thanks, will try, is wirebrush different to using update.zip in recovery mode?

edit: nvm read your post :)

Having the same random reboots. Already tried factory reset and installing via recovery but still the same problem. Anyone got a solution?

try the wire brush. had the same problem and some others i just wirebrushed and it cleaned up it up. first time i had a reboot in 2-3 months was a few days ago.

unfortunately wire brush doesn't seem to have made any difference :( still lots of random reboots

check that the battery is fitting firm enough. Read that a lot of people are having issues with the battery not staying in place.
Put a small cardboard piece or paper just thick enough so it sticks more into the connections

Still rebooting after all the wipe routine. Wiped everything including my bum even. I'll install the new version and if this damn phone still keeps rebooting then I have no choice but to wipe it off the face of the earth.

I installed the new version. It got rid of the frequent reboots but now battery life sucks. It can only last for a little mre than two hours on a full charge. Will try the previous version. MIUI is getting worse.

2 hours? are you sure you did all the needed wipes? do you have performance as governor?
Maybe you have to recalibrate your battery.

In my humble opinion...

I think reboot comes for GSM signal, when It's poor... the phone reboots.
When I'm @ home I never get a reboot, when I'm @ work, where signal is often off, the phone reboot.

If you go in airplane mode, the phone will never reboot (I suppose)

In my humble opinion...

I think reboot comes for GSM signal, when It's poor... the phone reboots.
When I'm @ home I never get a reboot, when I'm @ work, where signal is often off, the phone reboot.

If you go in airplane mode, the phone will never reboot (I suppose)

Nothing wrong with the GSM signal here. It' just that after the change to Jelly Bean, I've experienced frequent reboots. I've now rolled back to 3.21. Will observe if the same thing happens.

@Francko76 miui doesn't have a governor setting or an I/O scheduler option to choose, but with cpu no frills or the miuiaustralia control panel you can set it up

Anyone found a solution? i gathered from others that they are having the same problem. Tried all suggested solutions but they are not effective. Battery calibration I have found out from xdev does not really calibrate the phone but only a placebo effect. It seems that the battery chip is at fault. I would charge the phone and in no time the green led would light up to indicate a full charge. When I unplug the charger I'd find out that it's not. I don't have any programs installed except default ones after a flash from recovery and it still reboots. Heck, the phone is only a year old and I've still got a year in my contract and it's about to become a paperweight. I wonder if they have the same issue in the Chinese forums.

I would know why I have reboots only when I'm @ work........ and when I'm @ home it works...

@miui the battery calibration is not a placebo effect, programs that says to calibrate your battery just cancels the battery stat file.
What you need to try is to calibrate your battery and charge it when the phone is shutdown, if this don't work too then it's possible you have to change your battery