Redmi 1S, cannot start after fastboot

chrc999

Members
Aug 12, 2014
I tried to change the default ROM to MIUI developer ROM (4.8.1). I put my phone in fastboot mode, and tried to choose the ROM file from MIFlash application while connected to PC. It was throwing file not found exceptions. so I wanted to terminate the process, so I pulled battery out.
Later I put battery and tried to turn on phone.
It seems to be dead. Cannot see anything, cannot restart the phone. I put charging for whole night. still cannot restart the phone. I cannot even see the charging light while charging. The notification light blinks now & then in red color. Could anyone suggest what I can do?

Reactions: satyam
There are no developer roms for Redmi. Do the flash tools still see the phone? If so, reflash full rom for redmi 1s from miui.com

There are no developer roms for Redmi. Do the flash tools still see the phone? If so, reflash full rom for redmi 1s from miui.com

Thank you for your reply. Im newbie to change ROMs. I used the below URL to download ROM
http://en.miui.com/thread-14641-1-1.html (I tried to flash "Mi One 4.8.1 fastboot" file).
I do not know whether flash tool still see my phone.
I will check this evening.
Just curious if phone cannot switch on, still can see from flash tools?

Mi one is not Redmi 1s. You flashed a wrong ROM on your phone. Usually not flash with flash tools but with update app, so cannot use wrong rom.

The tools may still see your phone. You can also try to boot into recovery.

The tools may still see your phone. You can also try to boot into recovery.

oh..I used wrong ROM..:-(
but still I didn't flash, as it was throwing some errors while choosing the ROM from flash tool.

If tool can see my phone, i will put Redmi 1S stable ROM.
If tool cannot see, I want to boot into recovery mode.
Could you tell me how to do that?
I tried Power + (Vol +/_) , it didn't work.
Could you confirm, how to enter recovery mode

If flash tool does not work most certainly recovery will not either. Recovery is power and volume up or down, cant remember right now. One boots recovery the other should be fastboot

oh..I used wrong ROM..:-(
but still I didn't flash, as it was throwing some errors while choosing the ROM from flash tool.

If tool can see my phone, i will put Redmi 1S stable ROM.
If tool cannot see, I want to boot into recovery mode.
Could you tell me how to do that?
I tried Power + (Vol +/_) , it didn't work.
Could you confirm, how to enter recovery mode

I cant remember, but holding either one then pressing power button will boot into either one.
I dont think recovery will work here, unless u can place the update.zip into the right folder, unless u have a custom recovery then u can select the package u want.
Your only option is mitool.

*source, had a softbrick with wsm tool

Hello Chrc999, I have the same problem than you, unable to switch to flashboot with power and volume - .
I have an error when loading the rom via MiTools.
Did you solve out you problem with your Redmi 1S ?
Thanks for your return

I tried to change the default ROM to MIUI developer ROM (4.8.1). I put my phone in fastboot mode, and tried to choose the ROM file from MIFlash application while connected to PC. It was throwing file not found exceptions. so I wanted to terminate the process, so I pulled battery out.
It seems to be dead. Cannot see anything, cannot restart the phone. I put charging for whole night. still cannot restart the phone. I cannot even see the charging light while charging. The notification light blinks now & then in red color. Could anyone suggest what I can do?

Hello, i did the same problem with you, did you find any solution through this problem? anyone can help??

Thank you for your reply. Im newbie to change ROMs. I used the below URL to download ROM
http://en.miui.com/thread-14641-1-1.html (I tried to flash "Mi One 4.8.1 fastboot" file).
I do not know whether flash tool still see my phone.
I will check this evening.
Just curious if phone cannot switch on, still can see from flash tools?
Hello, i did the same problem with you, did you find any solution through this problem? anyone can help??

I have the exactly same problem od redmi1s ,it is bircked and i cant go in fastboot or recovery mode, is totaly dead, the pc recognizing him but it says ur pc doesnt recogizing the device.
help please...

I have tooo this problem...i havent turn on mobile .i cant charger mobile tooo.i cant get fastboot or recovery mode ..what i do ..please help me ..i beg uu..admin

I tried to change the default ROM. I put my phone in fastboot mode, and tried to choose the ROM file from MIFlash application while connected to PC. It was throwing file not found exceptions. so I wanted to terminate the process, so I pulled battery out.
It seems to be dead. Cannot see anything, cannot restart the phone. I put charging for whole night. still cannot restart the phone.