Redmi 2 1gb (2014811) Imei/baseband Unknown

Andrea Ricci

Members
Jul 5, 2014
Hi,
few days ago, I flashed the weekly MIUI rom multilanguage 5.9.24 and immediately after my redmi2 1Gb (2014.811) reports the baseband and the IMEI as unknown...

I searched and tried everything... I flashed stable and developer ROM from recovery and from miflash, without solve the problem

anyone has any solution or I throw the phone?

hope is being lost

Past few months I have had this phone, installed every new Rom (Miui and others) installed twrp then back to mi recovery nothing similar happened. But lost IMEI on LG l70 and no one ever returned it back. Only hope to ask from official xiaomi service to repair it.

Thanks, But i'm italian and there isn't an xiaomi service center.
send the phone to China would cost too much compared to the value of the phone... :(

anyway thanks

Hi Andrea!

I'm in the same situation...

maybe a downgrade?
were I can find an older rom for 2014.811 (PS I've 811 sticker but cwm allow me only the pro rom)

Andrea... telefono morto confermo, non riconosce piu Vodafone IT
Any Idea?

HI!
I've checked right now...
I've the correct IMEI but there are problems with "radio" I mean... no automatic search no manual... seams to be dead :-(

Hi,
we are not in the same situation, my phone does not recognize IMEI and baseband, does not even see the sim card inserted ... your phone instead I understand that recognizes the SIM card but does not connect ...

in my case I tried to flash older rom also without results ... in the end I contacted the dealer and I'm waiting for response from the service

Hi Andrea, have you got some idea to solve my problem?
I can't shipping back the phone from Italy to China :(
I've already tryed by installing other modded rom without any success, It's seams like there is no more radio in the phone
(works all, ask for pin, see the sim but "no service" even in manual search mode)

where I can find a repository of older version of miui in orde to try to fix it?
The strange fact is that the label inside say 2014.811 (it's a 1+8 not a PRO)
but CWM block all the install.zip and say this is a 2014.813 device

this is the reply :
string name="network_settings_query_failed_message">Interrogazione rete fallita. Tocca Annulla per usare la tua rete preferita o tocca Ok per riprovare.</string> <string name="retry_btn">Riprova</string>

Hi Andrea, I've solved maybe you too can fix it!my redmi 2 is reborn now with miui 6 last stable..
Basically I've changed the recovery (cwm touch for 811) And a fresh ROM install

The problem was in the wrong recovery
Have a look on miui.it forum there is a similar post

Thanks, but i have shipped the phone to the dealer service, i had tried the stable rom without result...

hi all,

if you have redmi 2 HM2014811
after flash room have baseband and IMEI as unknown
please try to flash modem partition in the link below use twrp

https://goo.gl/arU3CG

hopefully can be solved & do with your own risk.... :)

Try flash stock fastboot rom using miflash maybe? That seems to help unbrick phone. Maybe it will help with baseband problem

Sent from my Redmi 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry. Didnt read read op first.