Redmi 2 2014813 (2gb Ram/16gb Rom) No Service, Tried All Tricks, Maybe Hardware Fault?

scragnoth

Members
May 4, 2016
I'm from Germany and can't get my German SIM cards to connect to a network with my Redmi 2 2014813. The cards are recognized in the settings though, they just don't connect. The cards definitely work (tried with another phone) and within my room where I tried all this my old mobile phone picked up the signal with those SIMs fine.

I already tried everything imaginable... since I read that this issue isn't unheard of.

• Flashed the Chinese NON-HLOS.bin separately (via Windows CMD "fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin" while phone was in fastboot mode and connected to the PC), no errors but still no success
  • Flashed a modified Global ROM for 2014811 via fastboot (replaced NON-HLOS.bin from that image with NON-HLOS-bin from CN image, got mismatch error, removed 2 lines inside the batch file), no errors but still no success
  • Installed the EU image (Thread ID 6-7-21.32952), Therefore TWRP, HM2XTDPro, no errors but still no success
  • Flashed the official CN image wt86047_pro_images_V7.5.1.0.LHJCNDE_20160629.0000.25_5.1_cn_8950d04495.tgz via fastboot 'cause I thought that unaltered official image might fix it, no errors but also no success
  • I also tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* but I couldn't do much with that menu, I think I should mention that with both SIM cards it tells me "no neighboring cells" at "Neighboring CID", I couldn't "turn on radio" on the bottom of the page nor could I change the Network type - I can tap on "GSM only", choose something else but it will stay "GSM only"
I thought maybe I could find out for myself if there's something wrong with the hardware, so I turned it off and got into that menu where also the recovery mode can be reached (Vol+ and power on), with the CN ROM everything is in Chinese now but I managed to find the right buttons again, I think it was called "System Test" or "System Info"...

Strangely enough, with the former ROM (before the CN ROM there was the modified Global ROM installed, I wiped the EU ROM for some reason before installing the CN ROM) I got a full PASS on that category (everything alright), but now I get a FAIL in a few categories...

Those are "cali_cdma" and "cali_cdma_multi", Modem= MPSS.DPM.1.0.1.c1-00126-M8936FAAAANUZ, Factory Test Mode = Online Mode

I also checked if the USB PCB is properly connected to the MAIN PCB and if the antenna cable between MAIN PCB and USB PCB is connected properly and if the cable itself is undamaged. I also shifted the sides of the cable (connector which was on USB side to MAIN side).

Could it still be a bad antenna cable? I have no other one to try, just normal thin wire from soldering projects. Does the USB PCB has anything to do with signal pickup (since the antenna cable is connected to it)? Is there a special spot on the MAIN PCB which I can check?

The story behind that phone is that I got it for nearly nothing but the screen was dead and I had no batteries for it. I ordered two official BM44s and a full front bezel with frame. I also migrated every part from the old front bezel to the new one, but might there still be a part which I might have forgotten?
Otherwise, btw, the thing works flawlessly, WiFi is fast (connects within seconds and doesn't cut off)...

I appreciate all suggestions and thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Are your sim cards registered? Do you see SIM services in Office group? If not, attempt to set English and reboot. After a few minutes SIM services must be seen. Maybe you've the problem of registration
of your sim cards. Xiaomi can block connection if think that smartphone was stolen.

@Evgeny16 The Android firmware itself is set to English, but that menu I get to when I power on holding the VOL+-Key is Chinese only.

But I think I know what you mean, at least I get both SIM cards inside the "Tools" Folder, two different "Apps" called "SIM Toolkit".

Maybe old owner of smartphone not detached it in his mi cloud. And xiaomi block your sim cards, because they are different from the old account.

@Evgeny16 I know the seller because I have still contact to him, but with that account issue - could that still be possible after wiping for several times / flashing several different ROMs on it?

Tell to owner to detach your phone in his mi cloud i.mi.com - top side of his page inside. It is very easy for him. Many times of flashing is not significantly, because the hardware number of the phone was not changed. Only this number is attached to his Mi Cloud.

Already asked him if he ever had a Mi account or used Mi cloud, but have to wait till tomorrow to get an answer.

But thnk you very much for the tip

Edit: @Evgeny16 he never had an account.... I wrote a line to the customer service of Xiaomi with my IMEI, maybe they can check if something's wrong / the phone's communication has been blocked...

And just in case I fried the antenna cable, I tried it also with another antenna cable from a Samsung Galaxy S II, unfortunately no different result there.

Last edited:
Your seller maybe has google account and registered by google login and password. But xiaomi can do its mi account whith the same login and password.

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3 через Tapatalk

@Evgeny16 If the seller used a google account with this phone it can still be tied to his account rendering any different SIM cards unusable with it? Should I ask him to untie the phone in his google settings?

@californiarolls Do you also have the HK2014813? As I wanted to try the Miu8 ROM from @ingbrzy he suggested that I might wanna try the HM2XWCPro version (for HK2014811/17/18/18(prime)/21), before that I had HM2XTDPro... Both didn't work for me regarding mobile network access. Which ROM are you running? Want to try that... As I'm still pretty new into smartphones in general and flashing of different ROMs, I just read, after flashing a new one, one should wipe dalvik cache inside TWRP before rebooting. Is this important? As I never did that... I just applied a "normal wipe" before flashing a new ROM.

At the moment I have a nightly build (as there's no stable ones for Redmi 2) of cyanogenmod running - I can't get service with this one either.

I have the HK2014813 as well.

I rolled back to the latest 7.4 (6.5.26 beta). I'll wait for MIUI 8 to be more stable, I couldn't enter my pin code (the dial screen never showed up) so there was no service.

@californiarolls: I have to type in the PIN of my first SIM card, the other one is set to never ask for a PIN since it was formerly from my PSVita (which has it's own lock screen so I didn't feel the need for it). The Redmi 2 acquired those settings flawlessly... regardless which ROM was on there.
Can you give me a download link for that ROM you are using? I doubt that it would change anything but just in case...

@Evgeny16 My seller said that he already untied his google account from this phone, and also claims that Xiaomi / Mi accounts and google accounts are two different things....

Hello,

I have the exact same issue as you. Did you ever find a solution? Looks like the phone are locked. I have tried diffrent simcard diffrent rom (CM13) to no avail. I think I have registered two diffrent Mi accounts and therefor the phone is locked. Any ideas how to unlock?

Hi,

I had the same issue, but managed to solve it (sort of :). I tried to post link here, but I have to have at least 10 post to be able to do it. So try to google "How To Fix No Network Signal On Xiaomi Redmi 2", first two pages should give you the answer.

It's something about chinese modem in this model of Redmi 2. Anyway, now I got it to recognize service, but can't access settings (it keeps crashing when I try to open it) - I can access settings through shortcuts when I pull down on screen, but can't access anything that is not there.

If someone tries this, can you please tell if you have problems with settings and have you managed to solve this problem.

I Flashed the moden in fastboot. Finally get network to work. I have the exactly same issue with settings as you have. Will try to fix it and keep you updated.

I had the same issue, after installing Global stable MIUI8 over official global stable in my 2014817.
To fix it (after all method failed), I saved into root of internal memory the original rom and renamed it to UPDATE.ZIP.
After that I downloaded the original recovery in a zip format and via Updater I have chosen the original recovery file and updated.
After installation and reboot, I went into OEM revovery via Updater option.
In oem recovery I wiped the cache, reboted into recovery and flashed the phone with the UPDATE.zip already had in root of internal memory.
After reboot everything was OK

lo;l... i cant believe it, there is still no solution to this.. maybe, i think its hardware issue to this exact problem.

i make innovations to the chinese rom thats given fault about NO SIGNAL, and settings halt been accessed when patched modem.. though, the devices is now out dated.