Redmi 3s Rom

ReGiO

Members
Jun 29, 2016
Hi all,
I have the redmi 3s and I don't find any information about that phone.
Is the ido rom also for redmi 3s??

Thanks

GM

Reactions: spaiduhz
It really does, click "Roms Download" at the top of the page and it tells you near the beginning of the post. Laziness is not an excuse.

OK. Look at the page yourself.

Redmi 3s/3x is designated land/hm3shm3x correct? Now open up the downloads page proper, and search for hm3shm3x. None of the Roms are stated with it in the name itself. Refute me if you wish, but show me where to get the ROM proper if you can.

If you want to make an extra effort to look, even a twrp file that matches designation "land" is not available for both pages. Again, you are welcome to refute me if you can.

Now if one were to infer that there isn't an available rom for the redmi 3s, won't it be better for the page to just display not yet available, rather than misleading us into thinking that all models on the list is ready when there it's not? I mean it's just a month, no real rush to get it done, but I think before you call someone lazy, you should look at the info for yourself.

Therefore I say again:
No, no it does not.

Reactions: Ryoma and SlimGary
I'm interested aswell and I confirm, there's no information about redmi 3s on the download page.

OK. Look at the page yourself.

Redmi 3s/3x is designated land/hm3shm3x correct? Now open up the downloads page proper, and search for hm3shm3x. None of the Roms are stated with it in the name itself. Refute me if you wish, but show me where to get the ROM proper if you can.

If you want to make an extra effort to look, even a twrp file that matches designation "land" is not available for both pages. Again, you are welcome to refute me if you can.

Now if one were to infer that there isn't an available rom for the redmi 3s, won't it be better for the page to just display not yet available, rather than misleading us into thinking that all models on the list is ready when there it's not? I mean it's just a month, no real rush to get it done, but I think before you call someone lazy, you should look at the info for yourself.

Therefore I say again:
No, no it does not.
They asked if it used the Redmi 3 rom, I said look on the download page and you'll find out. Your post confirms what I said, the download page says that the code for the 3S is land, not IDO, so I was right, the answer they needed was there.

are you guys able to boot to twrp?

Had to load twrp to boot rather than recovery. A bit of a trouble, as the next time I want to enter twrp I need to load twrp into boot again. Not too difficult with adb command line, but I do wish I know how to load fast boot from twrp.

I got Eu developer 6.7.7 installed on my redmi 3s 32gb. It's acceptable so far, with the battery not as horrible as China developer 6.6.30, and no mi browser glitch. However, there is a problem where Google now launcher cannot be set as launcher. A strange thing is that you can download Google dialer from play store, but it cannot see call history. Mi dialer at least does not have yellow pages, so no big deal.

Will need to see if the next developer ROM fixes things.

Also, despite having an unlocked boot loader, the root option under security is not available. Not sure if twrp had something to do with it. Will need to tinker more.

Will rate 7/10 for this for now.

Also noted Spotify app does not display track details, as attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-09-23-22-36-876_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-09-23-22-36-876_com.miui.home.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 535
i have 6.7.14 installed. spotify still has blank track info, google now launcher still cannot be selected as default launcher, and google frameworks still crash when trying to share location from apps like hangouts or whatsapp.

are you guys able to boot to twrp?

i have succesfully installed TWRP this time round. using ADB command to flash twrp into recovery, instead of putting the command to reboot, i had to hit the boot recovery combo for 20 seconds to load TWRP first time to allow it to overwrite recovery properly. then on, every subsequent combo of hitting power and up prior to boot loads TWRP instead of mi recovery.