Redmi 4 3gb (pro) Questions

snootux

Members
Dec 28, 2016
Hi i'm new to the xiaomi world, i had a nexus 5 with custom roms and kernels so i know a bit about this topic. I just bought a redmi 4 3gb from honorbuy (i hope is ok to write the shop name), i chose the version with "custom rom" over the "global official rom" because it has italian "my language" but no ota updates, i really dont know which was better to choose, did i choose wrong? Anyway now i want to know the steps to install the xiaomi.eu rom and which rom to flash. I read a post where a guy bricked his redmi 4 and i would like to know for sure what i'm doing. Will the bootloader be already unlocked? Will it already have a custom recovery? The way to unclok the bootloader it's very strange with xiaomi.Will change rom invalidate my warranty?
Sorry for the many questions and thank you in advance.

All you are asking for is already answered in detail in the guide just two post below yours. I can't post the link in here aince I am new to this forum as well but just read:
[r4pro/xiaomi Devices In General] Guide To Unlock/flash/get Rid Of Fake Roms

Have fun with your device.

All you are asking for is already answered in detail in the guide just two post below yours. I can't post the link in here aince I am new to this forum as well but just read:
[r4pro/xiaomi Devices In General] Guide To Unlock/flash/get Rid Of Fake Roms

Have fun with your device.
Thank you, do you know if there is a way to know what exactly version is running? It has a custom rom and if i change rom i lose my warranty until i go back to the custom romwhich it arrived. How can i restore that version, i don't know how it's called or where i can find it, can you help me?

Yes, usually flashing ROMs will void your warranty. However usually honorbuy/gearbest ship their xiaomi devices with a custom/shop rom mostly made out of Xiaomi.eu rom flashed via EDL. So the only thing you have to do if you want to ship back your device for warranty repairs is flashing Xiaomi.eu, and editing the build.prop file so it shows the original rom name of how it came from factory (Example: 8.0.5.0.0 Global, for Gearbest devices)