Redmi 4 Prime Bricked (help Needed)

Cable is ok, checked. With my Redmi 2 works ok.

Even tried on different computers...win10 64, win10 32, win7 32...same thing.

But now doesn't show al all in devicemanager so maybe really dead...

Just FYI, @op, pilililo2 from another thread was able to flash the China dev version via EDL

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Did you ever get this running Mario? I am in the same condition 900E no matter what I do-- followed the above instructions to the letter

Oh yea, I flashed n d flashed 100 times ---nothing-- Must have spent 100 hours on this thing and still bricked. Apple store is starting to look better

Last edited:
Oh yea, I flashed n d flashed 100 times ---nothing-- Must have spent 100 hours on this thing and still bricked. Apple store is starting to look better

That's a shame. Are you sure that you connected the right wires? I had to go through a couple of old cables to get it right. I bought a new one and then peeled it and connected it like below.

img-20161221-202918.jpg

Then it worked on the first try.

img-20161221-202918.jpg

looks the same as I did-- I have also ordered the real cable but not too optimistic. I am wondering if it is due to battery being dead. I tried disconnecting the 3 cables as described above and returning cables then charging overnight but I dont think any charging took place. I plug it in, the phone vibrates but no LED comes on and battery doesn't get warm at all.

Last edited:
So I can get into ql loader 9008 now using battery unplugged for 10 minutes- then deep flash-- still no success though, every flash attempt I get cannot read from port xx, or some such error message 5 seconds into flashing while on the read hello message step

So I can get into ql loader 9008 now using battery unplugged for 10 minutes- then deep flash-- still no success though, every flash attempt I get cannot read from port xx, or some such error message 5 seconds into flashing while on the read hello message step

That sucks. Where is the Hello message? I don't recall any message like that.

Is fastboot available for you, and is your phone called anything in the XiaoMiflash tool?

Mine were called a bunch of numbers and some letters when in fastboot mode, but when i sucessfully got into edl mode it just read COM4.
I used the flash tool from 20160830.

No in fastboot mode all I get is waiting for device--- when I get into EDL I get Com 30-- but like I said immediate error saying cannot read from port 30-- or cannot read hello packet- I have tried about 6 flash tools including Beta--thanks

The Devil wears Prada

Thought I could share something that happened to me, you need to be quite fast as soon as edl mode starts to start the flashing process. I was getting the same error and the solution was to click flash almost immediately.

Hi there,

I also couldn’t wait to get the real unlock code from MI or my Redmi 4 Prime so I bricked my phone quite fast.

So I saw for a second the MI logo and then my screen went black. In the device manager of my PC I only saw a 906E device. To get it to 9008 I followed this instructions:

en_._miui_._c_o_m_/_thread-310325-1-1_._h_t_m_l

y_o_u_t_u_b_e_._c_o_m_/_watch?v=xFeNSj3ngXY

For realization I just used a wire of a network cable which did it pretty well, see attached picture

After I got my device in 9008 mode I flashed it with MiFlash 2010.08.30.0.

Then I could flash the Chinese firmware and now I am trying to be patient to get the real unlock code from MI…

Attachments

• IMG_20170106_171816.jpg
    IMG_20170106_171816.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 438
Patience is a virtue... I had to wait 5 days for my unlock code, but after getting it everything went well and smooth as butter. Im on Resurrection remix now.

Is there any truth in the rumour that you get your code faster if you have made 10 posts in the MIUI forums. I was waiting 4 days for mine, saw someone there say that, made some posts (most of them "thanks") and had the code within 2 hours :)

Total nonsense. A friend of mine registered a new account because he never had a xiaomi phone and he got the code in 2 hours.

Reactions: Prequal