Redmi 4 Pro Reset

ningen82

Members
Dec 26, 2016
Hello,
how can I perform a factory reset on Redmi 4 Pro? I can't find that option in boot menu where there's fastboot and some other options (mostly in chinese) but no factory wipe.
I need to do this because I can't get past the pattern lock, apparently I forgot what it was exactly and fingerprint scanner doesn't let me in anymore.
Do you know what I can do at this point?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I have the same problem. I have only started to set up my phone, and have no google account attached yet.
Have you found any solutions?
The strange thing is that the boot menu has no reset option.

Hi,
if you can't unlock the bootloader through Xiaomi account, you will most likely have to deep flash.

Even though I got the code from Xiaomi, I couldn't unlock the bootloader because I didn't register my phone on xiaomi account and MiUnlock was giving a message "couldn't verify device" or something like that.

So in the end I deepflashed it, didn't bother with buying a cable with a switch, just cut the usb cable so I could short it with fingers, then just flashed the official english rom.

Good luck!

PS. Lesson learned for me is that it's too easy to forget a pattern if you don't use it regularly, this time I'm using pin number.

hello,
Thank you for the reply!
Can you help where I can find the official English ROM?

Thank you.
There is no Redmi 4 pro on that MIUI ROM list. Do I need to use Redmi 4 Prime instead?