Redmi k30 ultra Xiaomi EU rom development

nikitos2323

Members
Nov 13, 2020
Dear Developers from XIaomi.EU, could you take the firmware for redmi k30 ultra into development? I know your policy regarding mtk devices, but I am an active user of this device, I even made firmware with localization and have never seen any messages about heavy bricks on the forum 4pda, xda developers, coolapk or the xiaomi community. everything was solved either by flashing in recovery or, in extreme cases, flashing to miflash fastboot image. downgrading from android 11 to android 10 is also done in mi flash successfully, I have not tested it in recovery. in my firmware, I modified system, product, vendor, vbmeta, dynamic partions list + boot patched through magisk and everything works correctly, but naturally what I did does not compare with your firmware in terms of speed at least. As far as I know, problems arise if you touch the preloader or install boot and vendor from different firmware versions.
TWRP, This device has Magisk and works great. Also, Chinese teams or individual developers modify miui and put it on the network.

I also saw a message from a member of your team that you can reconsider the policy in relation to the redmi k30 ultra, but the problem was in testing and in the fact that in Israel donation services collect a huge commission or do not work (?)
I don’t know if it is still there and if it is valid, just notice

btw, thanks for your work

Evidence that firmware exists:
Basic PitchBlack recovery: link
Chinese team with custom miui: Simplicity rom
my rom: link
Screenshot_TWRP_2021-01-11-11-26-48.pngScreenshot_TWRP_2021-01-11-11-30-51.pngScreenshot_TWRP_2021-01-11-11-30-49.pngScreenshot_2021-01-11-20-32-44-894_com.android.settings.jpgScreenshot_2021-01-11-20-32-54-381_com.android.settings.jpg

I also saw a message from a member of your team that you can reconsider the policy in relation to the redmi k30 ultra, but the problem was in testing and in the fact that in Israel donation services collect a huge commission or do not work (?)
I don’t know if it is still there and if it is valid, just notice
Yeah I said that, and we still don't have any solution to the lack of MTK test devices in our team, there's no way we could crowdfund one either. So we can't just blindly release ROMs.

Reactions: nikitos2323
Yeah I said that, and we still don't have any solution to the lack of MTK test devices in our team, there's no way we could crowdfund one either. So we can't just blindly release ROMs.
do you need a phone to test the first release or test all firmware? I just doubt that you have all the phones for which you release firmware. in this case, an option to find several testers, and then launch the firmware in the public domain?

do you need a phone to test the first release or test all firmware? I just doubt that you have all the phones for which you release firmware. in this case, an option to find several testers, and then launch the firmware in the public domain?
Why would we need all of the devices we release firmware for? Snapdragon devices share the same basic partition structure and security methods, it's enough to have one or two devices to make ROMs for most of them.
Mediatek devices have a whole other method of patching, and we don't have any Mediatek-based Xiaomi device to test anything. We don't need testers when we don't have a ready ROM to give them...

Reactions: nikitos2323
Why would we need all of the devices we release firmware for? Snapdragon devices share the same basic partition structure and security methods, it's enough to have one or two devices to make ROMs for most of them.
Mediatek devices have a whole other method of patching, and we don't have any Mediatek-based Xiaomi device to test anything. We don't need testers when we don't have a ready ROM to give them...
OK got it. but something will change if, for example, new popular devices are released on the mtk, for example redmi k40 +, something else is possible. because apparently the mtk fixed the problem with the inability to enter the fastboot if "something goes wrong", on new devices, presumably with the dimensity of the series. And the main problem at the moment is the lack of patches for the mtk?

OK got it. but something will change if, for example, new popular devices are released on the mtk, for example redmi k40 +, something else is possible. because apparently the mtk fixed the problem with the inability to enter the fastboot if "something goes wrong", on new devices, presumably with the dimensity of the series. And the main problem at the moment is the lack of patches for the mtk?
The lack of a Mediatek device to test on firsthand is the problem. It doesn't matter how many devices are released, doesn't change anything.

The lack of a Mediatek device to test on firsthand is the problem. It doesn't matter how many devices are released, doesn't change anything.
Hi Igor. Tell me if it is an acceptable option: if, for example, there is a reliable person who collects donations inside his country (so as not to pay a huge paypal commission for small transactions from another country, I don’t know about you, but they took 40 cents from me for a commission from 1 dollar) and then forward it to you in one transaction. So that you have enough money to buy redmi 10x 5g (which is on mtk dimensity) and your team have the opportunity to develop patches and firmware for mtk devices on dimensity? If this option is possible, then tell me how much you need to collect approximately, taking into account the commission of your country and any other taxes.

Hi Igor. Tell me if it is an acceptable option: if, for example, there is a reliable person who collects donations inside his country (so as not to pay a huge paypal commission for small transactions from another country, I don’t know about you, but they took 40 cents from me for a commission from 1 dollar) and then forward it to you in one transaction. So that you have enough money to buy redmi 10x 5g (which is on mtk dimensity) and your team have the opportunity to develop patches and firmware for mtk devices on dimensity? If this option is possible, then tell me how much you need to collect approximately, taking into account the commission of your country and any other taxes.
Project manager isn't interested in supporting Mediatek devices. Too many bricks, not enough time.

Whats going wrong? Please think a litle bit before posting. We have enough of spam.

I think I was absolutely clear regarding this question, you are just spamming at this point.
Jean , you can flash roms as normal now I assume because of treble there are ppl flashing gsi to the device but they don't have fingerprint after, I think to solve that problem would be to dirty flash gsi on stock rom but there's nothing to say it will work or that it won't cause a major problem so I say just be patient , there are smart ppl like those muslim guys working on things.