Redmi Note 10S WiFi Turning off

Drelad

Members
Sep 13, 2021
Hello. I am having a problem with my Redmi Note 10S. Every time I leave my house the WiFi completely turns off and does not turn back on unless I go into settings and turn it back on myself. The only suggestions that I can find online is that it might be the WiFi Assistant feature. I have disabled the feature that chooses the best network but I still have the same problem.

Hello. I am having a problem with my Redmi Note 10S. Every time I leave my house the WiFi completely turns off and does not turn back on unless I go into settings and turn it back on myself. The only suggestions that I can find online is that it might be the WiFi Assistant feature. I have disabled the feature that chooses the best network but I still have the same problem.
I am having the same problem, have you had any luck fixing as I cannot find any answers?

I have the same problem on a Redmi Note 10 with MIUI 12.5.3 (Problem existed before the last update too).
My father has a Redmi 6 and has this problem too.

After leaving a Wifi Range the Phone turns Wifi off. Everytime I get home i have to reactivate Wifi on my Phone.

What i tried:
i had activated a feature to activate Wifi when GPS is active and i'm near a known Wifi location. This feature doesn't exist anymore since 12.5.3 it seems (or i can't find it anymore). That was an acceptable Workaround.

Besides that I tried forgetting networks, resetting the whole network section, static IP, turning Wifi Assist on and of and switching off MIUI optimization (bottom of developer settings).

Please anyone find a solution... :(

I have the same problem on a Redmi Note 10 with MIUI 12.5.3 (Problem existed before the last update too).
My father has a Redmi 6 and has this problem too.

After leaving a Wifi Range the Phone turns Wifi off. Everytime I get home i have to reactivate Wifi on my Phone.

What i tried:
i had activated a feature to activate Wifi when GPS is active and i'm near a known Wifi location. This feature doesn't exist anymore since 12.5.3 it seems (or i can't find it anymore). That was an acceptable Workaround.

Besides that I tried forgetting networks, resetting the whole network section, static IP, turning Wifi Assist on and of and switching off MIUI optimization (bottom of developer settings).

Please anyone find a solution... :(
Exactly, I have the same problem. It seems it could be an attempt to save the battery, because after I leave home, it takes some time until wifi turns off... I can't find a solution too.

Same problem here on Redmi note 10 pro (MIUI 12.5.6 global)

Have to manually re-enable WiFi every time I come home. It is very annoying and keeps leading to high mobile data usage when I forget. I've tried all the same things as the others in this thread. Would love a solution, other than having to switch to a custom ROM

Reactions: HelderL
Same issue with Redmi Note 10s 64gb? Hope this gets some sort of resolution as my other half is driving me nuts about this!

Last edited:
This issue seems to be widespread among various Redmi models so why haven't Xiaomi done anything to rectify this?

Reactions: HelderL
I think I've found a fix/workaround.

If I enable WiFi scanning (settings / location / WiFi and Bluetooth scanning), then the WiFi seems to remain on and automatically reconnect when I return home.

Not an ideal fix, but it has been working for me for the past couple of days. I hope this helps somebody

I think I've found a fix/workaround.

If I enable WiFi scanning (settings / location / WiFi and Bluetooth scanning), then the WiFi seems to remain on and automatically reconnect when I return home.

Not an ideal fix, but it has been working for me for the past couple of days. I hope this helps somebody
Interesting. However, I have just checked and this setting is already enabled for me and I still get the same problem...

Also didn't work for me, also tried changing router settings to seperate 2.4ghz and 5ghz and connected the phone to 2.4ghz and the problem is still there? Toggles off after about 15 minutes of being out of the house, no power saving features are on. Does anyone know if Xiaomi intend on doing anything about this? Thanks

Hi Everyone, it 2 weeks I have bought a 11t pro and I have same issue? any one has a clue?
I have contacted the support and after the usual reset check list they asked to send it for fix... with an average waiting time of 20 days
I cannot believe this is an hardware bug

same issue with RN8P with 12.5.4 or 12.5.6

why doesn't xiaomi solve this?

Last edited:
Ok Folks,
I might have found a solution, it is more a workaround rather than a solution but I can live with it till Xiaomi will answer with an appropriate fix.

that being said I have downloaded this app

what it does it turns the wifi on every time you unlock the screen, you just need to put the app in autostart and grant the permission to turn wifi on

I have been testing it since this early afternoon and it works like a charm.

Let me know if it works for you as well

ps Xiaomi it is a very nice brand but this time they lost my five star big time; thumb down

Ok Folks,
I might have found a solution, it is more a workaround rather than a solution but I can live with it till Xiaomi will answer with an appropriate fix.

that being said I have downloaded this app

what it does it turns the wifi on every time you unlock the screen, you just need to put the app in autostart and grant the permission to turn wifi on

I have been testing it since this early afternoon and it works like a charm.

Let me know if it works for you as well

ps Xiaomi it is a very nice brand but this time they lost my five star big time; thumb down
I installed this app and literally within minutes of it installing I received a strange phone call? Not sure if its linked or pure coincidence? Made me factory reset phone out of paranoia!

I installed this app and literally within minutes of it installing I received a strange phone call? Not sure if its linked or pure coincidence? Made me factory reset phone out of paranoia!
Now I am curious...define strange phone call...your ex? Police? ;-) LOL

Now I am curious...define strange phone call...your ex? Police? ;-) LOL
lol no it was more like a cold call from a weird number I have never had before? I deleted it which has annoyed me as I should have checked online what it was!

Having the same issue on a REDMI Note 10 Pro with MIUI Global 12.5.7
Doesn't seem like a hardware issue, most likely a bug or hidden setting.
Tried all the suggested options changes without success.
Didn't try the app suggested by @stegal yet because it has mixed reviews on the play store. Can you confirm its been working well and doesn't have any 'side effects'?

Having the same issue on a REDMI Note 10 Pro with MIUI Global 12.5.7
Doesn't seem like a hardware issue, most likely a bug or hidden setting.
Tried all the suggested options changes without success.
Didn't try the app suggested by @stegal yet because it has mixed reviews on the play store. Can you confirm its been working well and doesn't have any 'side effects'?
being using it for days, and it solved the problem...no side effect that I can report.
Afteall, you can try and see... if you have some issue you can always unistall it.
for me it solved a very annoying situation

Also voicing my dissatisfaction with this damn company, especially the MIUI development team, it sucks. I owned a Xiaomi without MIUI for around 4 years (stock Android) and it was great. Now I bought this piece of junk with MIUI and I keep finding new issues every other day...

Anyway, following the suggestion of enabling Wi-Fi after unlocking the phone, I built a flow for Automate. It essentially does the same thing as the app someone else mentioned, but with Automate you can be sure that it isn't doing any funny business behind the scenes.

Upon unlocking, the flow will check if Wi-Fi is enabled, then it will check if airplane mode is enabled, in which case it won't do anything, otherwise it will toggle Wi-Fi back on.

IMG_20220211_215316.jpg

PS: To the fanboy moderator that deleted my other message and left a salty reply telling me to go leave my rants to Xiaomi instead of here, here's some more rant especially for you: get off your high horse, a community forum should be a place to exchange ideas and views, rants as you just found out is a part of it so deal with it because the forum isn't your playground regardless if it is your only occupation in life.

Attachments

• Unlock Enable Wi-Fi.flo.zip
    308 bytes · Views: 256
Last edited:
Just to update that I decided to do another factory reset and allowing everything when setting up and now the wireless issue is resolved? I'm slowly going through denying certain things such as location tracking etc and no problems yet?

We also decided to do a factory reset which did solve the problem. So most likely it's an obscure setting or combination of settings causing this. We didn't try the 'Automate' solution, but it also seemed a good workaround.

There is a setting under Wifi Assistant called "enable wifi automatically" which is supposed to control the wifi turning off and on, and there may be a problem with turning the wifi back on.

Disabling all of the assistant's features may solve your problems, I am trying it right now in hope that it fixes the issue for me. Posting this reply wishing it helps others.

Any news guys? I've tried everything except these apps and factory reset. Both annoying solutions especially as the my redmi note 10 pro has 1 week.