Redmi Note 12 Pro 4G call recording

boobies

Members
May 27, 2023
Hi, I bought a Note 12 Pro 4G and it seems like its missing the call recording feature. I tried ACR with ACH but its hit or miss when it comes to call recording. Sometimes it works but I can barely hear the other person, sometimes the recording is muted or it just doesn't record anything.
I've read some older posts about having to install the "EU ROM" I checked my version and it seems like I already have the EU version, but no call recording feature. Would greatly appreciate any help, I need call recording feature for my job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527-122147.png
    Screenshot_20230527-122147.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 529
Only these ROMs have call recording:
- Global Indonesia
- Chinese
- xiaomi.eu custom ROM

You have a Global EEA ROM that uses the Google app instead of the MIUI app. That's why you don't have automatic call recording without notifying the other party.

Reactions: boobies
I'm sorry can you link me to correct ROM I need to install? I'm really stupid when it comes to this stuff. Or is there a way to get the xiaomi dialer in there instead of the googles?

Global Indonesie ROM - unreleased
Chinese ROM - unreleased
xiaomi.eu ROM - unreleased

You have purchased the wrong equipment for these purposes.
There are only these ROMs for this device:
- Global Russia
- Global Global (international)
- Global EEA
Neither has automatic call recording without notification.

Last edited:
thanks for the help. i will try some more 3rd party apps, maybe i will get lucky.

thanks for the help. i will try some more 3rd party apps, maybe i will get lucky.
Did you gst any apps that works? I tried premium paid apps as well as many free apps. Nothing really works.. if i mute my mic for example, it mutes the whole recordings+ sometimes dosent record + the other side is so quiet

Did you gst any apps that works? I tried premium paid apps as well as many free apps. Nothing really works.. if i mute my mic for example, it mutes the whole recordings+ sometimes dosent record + the other side is so quiet

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hb.dialer.free this one works but the volume of the other person is a bit quiet. there is also no easy way to replay the recordings. there isn't a button to take you directly to the recordings folder and you have to search for it every time.

Reactions: Poco 5

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hb.dialer.free this one works but the volume of the other person is a bit quiet. there is also no easy way to replay the recordings. there isn't a button to take you directly to the recordings folder and you have to search for it every time.

It says that it isnt suitable for my device because it was made for previous versions of android..

Anyways, i don't have an option on my phone to record, and 0 apps are working with my phone, this is absurd. I literally have nothing to do but switching and buying a new phone. Ridiculous

this seems to work good for me. recordings are clear on both sides and it records all calls as long as you let the app run in the background and do not close it. if you close it you have to give it accessibility permissions again to restart the service.

Chinese ROM - unreleased

- Global Russia
- Global EEA
Any news for Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G ? I am asking here because i don't see sub forum for this model.

Hello, thanks for the reply,
Do you mean i cannot use the rom listed here?
I was planning to unlock and then miflash one of these to get call recording, (i'am in the EU)

Hello, thanks for the reply,
Do you mean i cannot use the rom listed here?
I was planning to unlock and then miflash one of these to get call recording, (i'am in the EU)
You are confusing Xiaomi Eu rom(custom rom) and EEA stock rom.
Only Indonesian stock rom have call recorder

You are confusing Xiaomi Eu rom(custom rom) and EEA stock rom.
Only Indonesian stock rom have call recorder
Well, i don't know, i wanted to use another rom from xiaomi that allows call recording, the phone sold in Europe are limited and do not support automated and quiet recording. From another forum it seems the rom from Indoniesa does the work but on the site i posted to you before the Indonesian rom is for 12 not plus.

Chinese ROM - unreleased

- Global Russia
- Global EEA
Taiwan Is released now, it support call recording?

Taiwan ROM uses MIUI dialer and also had call recording. But at the moment I can't confirm if call recording still works there.