Redmi Note 2 32gb

Stefano, you know you only have to flash TWRP once, to your brother or your mother, in my case i flashed it to my son and wife and then...tcharam...they get OTA updates, so they don't have to bother anymore. Do you get OTA on stock recovery for RN2?

Redmi Note 2 Prime, 6.1.21, Portuguese
yeah dude i receive OTA with Stock recovery... without problems .. I can deceide to flash new rom with APP UPDATER or Wait OTA.

For me the first time you flash Xiaomi.eu(assuming that you already use stock rom),should be like this, so it's 100% without garbage.

1)Make a local backup on the phone(not including accounts and some settings)
2)Copy the backup from /MIUI/Backup/Allbackup to my PC
3)Copy folder from the root folder to my PC. Folders like DCIM,Download,Music,Pictures....
4)Fastboot flash TWRP
5)Reboot into TWRP and allow the modification
6)Go to Wipe->Advanced and delete everything except SD CARD and USB OTG
7)Reboot again to TWRP
8)Connect to PC and transfer the rom zip file
9)Copy all the folders you have on your PC to your phone
10)Flash the Rom
11)Boot and setup the rom
12)Move using the file explorer the Backup folder to /MIUI/Backup/AllBackup
13)Restore and there you go... You have a clean install with all your data :)
*optional:
14)Reboot to TWRP and delete Dalvik and Cache

thank you, already install TWRP and rom

Reactions: Antonis Deligiannis
Root permissions are required for install any ROM, because recovery have to enter in the system roots. MIUI stock recovery doesn't have this permission, neither your system (stable doesn't have root permission), so you couldn't flash any ROM without a custom recovery!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Root permissions are required for install any ROM, because recovery have to enter in the system roots. MIUI stock recovery doesn't have this permission, neither your system (stable doesn't have root permission), so you couldn't flash any ROM without a custom recovery!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Completely wrong.

Root is for the system. The SU binary is used by the system,during boot and after so you can have root permissions..
We use TWRP because MiRecovery doesn't flash unsigned zips(but updater app does).

Example: I flash the Stable Rom(no root), fastboot flash TWRP. Now I can flash any unsigned zip BUT I am not rooted. ;-)

Guys, how to connect our phone via usb to pc? I installed mi pc suite and usb driver, but nothing happens - just charging.
I'm on lates xiaomi.eu developer rom.

Guys, how to connect our phone via usb to pc? I installed mi pc suite and usb driver, but nothing happens - just charging.
I'm on lates xiaomi.eu developer rom.
Xiaomi problem with Redmi Note 2,they promised to fix it
So you are saying,that every week you lose your data because you update (WIPE ALL DATA) and that you install a not signed zipped rom file from xiaomi.eu with MiRecovery...

When TWRP tells you to enable write on system partition, swipe right to allow, after that reboot again into recovery and then boot to system.

XRN2 Prime on Tapatalk

???
Strange I try it now and it works for me. RN2 xiaomi.eu 6.3.3 rom on PC windows 10
1e05fff7b675c310c12b77c4c31edbc7.jpg

Last edited: