New Redmi Note 2 Black Screen

dboris

Members
Sep 18, 2015
Hello. It's the 4th time that my redmi doesn't show anything, just a black screen until I force it to reboot.
I use the French translated rom.

Does anyone have encountered the same issue?

I have the same problem since 5.9.2. The phone works but screen doesn't show anything when you press power button. The only way to solve is forcing reboot.

That's not possible. Mine is Spanish and I know a Latvian user with this issue too.

Same happens to me, but rarely. Usually after I wake up and can't turn off the ongoing alarm. Happened on both 5.9.11 and 5.9.18. My system language is set to English. If it happens again, I'll try to get a logcat through PC.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2

I have the same issue on 5.9.24 It seems to happen after it has been left idle for a long period of time.

Happened today again, 5.9.24, but I couldn't take a logcat because the PC didn't see the device. I'll try to fix that, so the next time this problem occurs, I can take one.

Have you tried the MIUI 6 stable release to see if that solves the problem. When I first got the phone it was on MIUI 6 and I didn't notice this problem but I upgraded after a day so I didn't have much time to experience the problem.

In my note 2 also happens. I tried a lot of ROMs of xiaomi.eu and flash with the lastest stable rom. I have to remove the battery to reboot. After a time it doesnt respond and the screen goes black.

Hello, I had the same problem on 5.9.24, mainly occurs when the cell stays a long time at rest, for example at night, the next day when the alarm rang I could not turn it off or turn on the screen, I had to reboot the device ....... hopefully be corrected in future updates, thanks .....

Last edited:
Hello, I had the same problem on 09/05/24, mainly occurs when the cell stays a long time at rest, for example at night, the next day when the alarm rang I could not turn it off or turn on the screen, I had to reboot the device ....... hopefully be corrected in future updates, thanks .....

We are in 2015, not in 2024, so I don't know which problems you have from a future release

I entered recovery mode wiped the cache and data and flashed the 5.9.24 rom then wiped cache and data again before rebooting and I didn't get the sleep of death last night. I will post here tomorrow and let you know if it goes 2 nights without the problem.

@freeflame I didn't do anything and I still didn't get the sleep of death this morning. The problem seems kind of random. If I get adb to work on my Linux PC, I'll make a backup when it happens again.

Well I have gone 2 nights now without the sleep of death. It does seem like a random problem which doesn't occur all the time. Hopefully an update will sort the problem out for good as not being able to turn your alarm off and having to reboot is very frustrating.

Same here. Everything seems to be working fine for now.

Happened again this morning. I didn't manage to get a logcat because the phone rebooted by itself.

Same problem 5.9.18 portuguese version. Happened twice in the last week and a half..

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk