Redmi Note 2 - Double Tap To Wake

Jorge Moreira

Members
Oct 28, 2015
Good afternoon,

Maybe already talked about it, but as I have not found, I want to know if if it's possibe to include the funtion double tap to wake on redmi note 2?

I thinks this feature it's very good for use.

Waiting for your comments,

Best regards,
Jorge Moreira
(Redmi Note 2 with MIUI developer rom)

We could maybe have this feature if xiaomi release kernel source code and there is option for that for this digitizer, if not, its a hardware thing

We could maybe have this feature if xiaomi release kernel source code and there is option for that for this digitizer, if not, its a hardware thing

Thanks @viktory,

I know it's possible through the kernel. I liked was to know whether it is planned to include this change in the next developments.

It's possible?

Well here with custom rom I doubt without kernel sources first but if xiaomi adds it then you will have it here also, but I doubt that xiaomi will add it any time soon...

You need to request directly to Xiaomi because rom and kernel are closed source so the only one can do it is Xiaomi...

Redmi Note 2, since it has a Mediatek CPU (Helio X10), it can support double tap to wake. The only limit is Xiaomi that could add this without problems. Let's see.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Jorge Moreira
I'd be happy (for the time being) with double tap to sleep on the statusbar :p
By the way, can this be achieved without xposed?

I am using DTSO . U can check it in Google Apps
Activated Hand Wave without any problem
5.10.16 beta

It's one way.
Plus more correct is without applications (consumes space and ram). Make the change in the kernel.

I hope that developers are able to change this in the kernel in future updates.

Best regards,
Jorge Moreira