Redmi Note 2 Very Big Problem

elad rubin

Members
Sep 21, 2015
i received my fdd redmi note 2 today. i upgraded to the latest developer rom but then my imei numbers were erased. i used a guide to bring back the imei and it worked, but now my phone only works when i use 2g. when i change in settings to lte or 3g, the signal disappears and i can't dial or receive calls. i didn't try to put in a sim befroe the upgrade so maybe 3g was never working. is it possible that they gave my by mistake the tdd version?? i go to engineer mode and it appears that band 1, 3 and 7 are available. i tried to use mi falsh and flash original fastboot version, but nothing works.

anyone knows what to do???

i received my fdd redmi note 2 today. i upgraded to the latest developer rom but then my imei numbers were erased. i used a guide to bring back the imei and it worked, but now my phone only works when i use 2g. when i change in settings to lte or 3g, the signal disappears and i can't dial or receive calls. i didn't try to put in a sim befroe the upgrade so maybe 3g was never working. is it possible that they gave my by mistake the tdd version?? i go to engineer mode and it appears that band 1, 3 and 7 are available. i tried to use mi falsh and flash original fastboot version, but nothing works.

Hi, I think that must be the problem of the modem, because the TDD version is compatible with other systems as I have seen.

You are right. Even TDD I supposed to work in my country. So I think you are right and the problem is the modem. Do you know maybe how to fix it?

You know I'm still looking for information and can not find anything about it ... as soon as I'll find something going on.

i received my fdd redmi note 2 today. i upgraded to the latest developer rom but then my imei numbers were erased. i used a guide to bring back the imei and it worked, but now my phone only works when i use 2g. when i change in settings to lte or 3g, the signal disappears and i can't dial or receive calls. i didn't try to put in a sim before the upgrade so maybe 3g was never working. is it possible that they gave my by mistake the tdd version?? i go to engineer mode and it appears that band 1, 3 and 7 are available. i tried to use mi flash and flash original fastboot version, but nothing works.

Its very bad situation my friend. I used to have Huawei G610 with mtk6589 chip. after flashing rom the imei nums were erased.nothing worked but the rooting phone and updating the modem.img file.still it was just receiving 2g networks and I wasnt able to use 3g.even during the call the signal disappeared repeatedly. And I found no way to fix it. mtkdroid tolls.mobileuncle, none of them worked. I think its about mtk chips. Cuz of this things I afraid to update redmi note 2. try to ask your question in mi.com forums and somewhere elses. if I found sth im going to help you.

Hi,
If you have those FDD-LTE bands enabled, i.e. green checkmark in front of B1,B3,B7 then it should work.
I had an issue with IMEI loss when occasionaly flashed stock english rom over MULTI 5.9.18 from this site.
It's just started to report that phone process crashed after I booted device.
I flashed back MULTI 5.9.18 from this site and IMEI numbers came back.
Could you please check this setting from Engineering menu *#*#3646633#*#*
Telephony-World phone
It should be in 'Auto Switch'

Regards, Pavel.

Imei is okay, all the right bands are checked, telephony is on 'auto switch'. Nothing works! I guess the device modem is defective and there's nothing I can do, but send back the device. ):

how did you upgrade your phone? by update.zip and installing from recovery mode or by choosing update package in updater app or miflash tools or fastboot? and what was the version of the update?

I tried to update in every way. First, with recovery, than I tried to install original rom with fastboot. I even tried installing with sp flash tools. Nothing works. Phone only working with 2g... It's very weird.

Hello everyone, I have a similar problem with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 as sheet supports WCDMA networks at frequencies 850/900 / 1900MHz, in this case I have no problem with the 850/1900 but if I have problems with 900MHz as only it connected to HSPA and severely limits the speed, the same operator on another device is connected to HSPA + and has good speed ... What could it be?

Desde mi Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime