Redmi Note 3 Apn / Dual Sim Error

btun8

Members
Jan 6, 2016
Hello Guys

I got my first Xiaomi device yesterday and also the first problem.
(MIUi vesion 7.0. 7.0.99.11(LHFNYUN)

As I started the phone for the first time I used a prepaid card from "T Mobile" to test it out.
Now I want to use dual sim but I can not switch to the second sim card "Hutchison 3G" which is my main provider.
If I put both simcards into the phone it only recognizes "T Mobile" but "Hutchison 3G" can not be detected.
I tried to create a new Access Point Name with all the "Hutchison 3G"settings. but it doesn't allow me to save it.https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_Point_Name
I tried all variants , but it doens't work.
sim slot 1 or sim slot 2 and both simcards
When I only insert the "Hutchison 3G" simcard it shows me notifications like" can not connect to this network...." and " Can not register on the network you selected"
I made 2 pictures of it

Can someone help me

Best regards

Felix

When I've tried mine got the same problem, but I had to change my simcard, cause there was problem with it. Try the working card in both slots, if it's working the problem will be the simcard itself.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Alright thx for the quick response.

Yes the working card is working in both slots.
That is strange ,because the simcard that doesn't work in this redmi note3 works in a LG E975 and Samsung S5, but I'll order a new one.

Have a nice day

Reactions: atis.cziraki
Yes micro sim.

I just tested it out with another simcard from my friend and it also doesn't work.
He also tested my simcard in his dual sim device and it worked.

I think the problem is that it won't let me change the APN.
You can choose create new APN ,but if hit the save button it doesn't save it.

Maybe I should do a factory reset, but it can't be the solution to do this every time.

Thx artis

Btw did you already flashed your device and what Miui version do you have?(7.0.99.11 (LHFMYUN)
It is not a official rom , I think the seller flashed it for the customers to have all languages.
Could this be a bug in this version?

Last edited:
Mine is official stable, so I don't no. :(

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
38ae04c647d42f43348bcefa1d5f4476.jpg

I've got the same problem when I bought my RMN3. What is this is this:
1. With the phone on, insert sim 1 only. Reboot.
2. Insert sim 2 only. Reboot.
3. Insert both sims. Reboot.
4. Enjoy!