Redmi Note 4 (global Version): Sim Tray Not Opening

josema

Members
Apr 12, 2017
Hello everybody.
I am quite new in this forum. and hope I can get some help.
I have just recieved my new Rdmi Note 4 (Global) and tried to insert the sim cards but the tray does not open when inserting the key in the small hole in one side of the tray itself, as the instructions says.
I wonder if anybody has had a problem like that and found a solution, or am I doing something not correct. I understand that by pushing the key in (as we do to open a computer CD tray mannually) should be enough to get the Sim cards tray open.

I shall much appreciate anybodys help.

My best regards

Hello swimmer. Yes I did it several times and what I wondered was that nothing moved inside and not click at all. The pin was pushing against a fixed part whatever it was. Since I don`t want to break anything I am waiting an answer from the seller.
Thanks for your reply

I think you have to push a little bit harder. It feels like hitting something solid, but when you push you activate a spring. The first time I had to do it, I was too careful as well. Just keep the key straight while pushing.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Thank you, Eleni, for your reply.

It is solved now.

In fact I finally found out that spring was working. May be first time I used it got loose and I did not notice it, but the real problem was thtat the tray was stuck and did not get out. And I asume that this is why all further times I intended to open it I only faund a feeling of hitting something solid. The solution came out after two days by pushing and triyng to move
the outside part of the tray until I noticed that had came out a tenth of mm, so I kept doing that very carefully to avoid putting it back in place, until I was able to insert the point of a cutter and pulled it out.

I have sanded all corners of tray with very very fine grain sand paper very carefully. Now I insert the tray and pushing the key not very hard it comes a couple of mm out of casing enough for pulling it out completely. By the way I have not yet inserted the sim cards (I have two, one micro and one nano) but I expect it will go alright.

I hope it can help anyone with the same issue. Be patient!!

Regards and thanks to every one