Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 4x

BenjaminVP

Members
Sep 29, 2017
Please tell me the difference between the Redmi Note 4 and Redmi Note 4x.
Both released in 2017 with Snapdragon 625. The only different specification I have found out so far on the internet and with sales people in store outlets, is Bluetooth 4.1 vs 4.2.

Last edited:
They really are the same phone (Mido), just intended to be sold into different markets. The only significant difference is in supported 4G (LTE) bands. i.e "Baseband" version. This may be important, depending on your country. The 4x supports more bands, I believe.

The camera could be using either a sony (seems to be early builds), a samsung (most common?) and of late some have reported omnivision? Who nows? Luck of the draw? There is no way of telling till you get it AFAIK. Both my beautiful original MTK note 4 and early build SD 4x have samsung sensors front and back and work quite fine at this price IMHO.

Hi guys.
I bought a xiao Redmi Note 4 Global Edition. Qualcomm snapdragon 625, 4/64GB and band 20.
Which ROM should I install? My model is mido and have the ROM 8.5.8.0
I don't understand much...
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys.
I bought a xiao Redmi Note 4 Global Edition. Qualcomm snapdragon 625, 4/64GB and band 20.
Which ROM should I install? My model is mido and have the ROM 8.5.8.0
I don't understand much...
Thanks in advance!

Deleted.

Sorry, found it. Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Global/4X HMNote4X

Last edited:
Hi,
I did buy the Note 4 Global 3G/32G. AFAIK the main difference is that the 4x has less 4G frequencies.
Eg.: the Note 4x doesn't have FDD-LTE band 20 (800MHz), but the Note 4 Global (SD) has that.

Hi,
I did buy the Note 4 Global 3G/32G. AFAIK the main difference is that the 4x has less 4G frequencies.
Eg.: the Note 4x doesn't have FDD-LTE band 20 (800MHz), but the Note 4 Global (SD) has that.
Internation/Global version has LTE band 20, not all. Band 20 model has identical body with Redmi Note 4x, need to by different screen protectors and cases for that.

Redmi Note 4x use 3 different back camera sensor Sony, Samsung and Omnivision...they are pretty much the same but IMHO think Sony sensor is lil bit better. My knoledge say that there is no way to know which one you will get on your phone unless you open it and check....or ask the shop.
The camera sensor are: Sony IMX 258, Samsung s5k3l8 and Omnivision ov13855

Last edited: