Redmi Note 4x (mtk) Update To Miui9

I am almost certain that the Note 4x MTK does not exist and is a mistake/scam from resellers trying to get rid of Nikel devices to unsuspecting buyers who want Snapdragon version.

For starters I cannot find any official information about a Note 4x MTK device.

Secondly, why would Xiaomi release the Note 4x with only different to Note 4 being the Snapdragon SoC, then release a MTK Note 4x that is identical to the Note 4 Pro? That is just confusing and makes no sense at all.

You cannot install the mido ROM on a nikel device, period. It is like installing a Samsung ROM on a Sony device - they are completely different hardware on the inside.

It makes no sense for there to be a MTK Note 4x except for resellers trying to scam/confuse customers.

And About > Config can be faked easily.

Either share the mido MIUI9 ROM that works on MTK so we can inspect for ourselves, or be quiet and stop spreading lies and nonsense.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
It is not a scam by resellers. In my opinion it is Xiaomi's fault for poor naming method.

There is Redmi Note 4X with MTK cpu and it's 4GB ram 64GB rom version. MBFCNDL <- in stable rom marking those BF letters is for MTK (Nikel) and if it's CF its the Snapdragon (Mido) version.

It is not a scam by resellers. In my opinion it is Xiaomi's fault for poor naming method.

There is Redmi Note 4X with MTK cpu and it's 4GB ram 64GB rom version. MBFCNDL <- in stable rom marking those BF letters is for MTK (Nikel) and if it's CF its the Snapdragon (Mido) version.
But I'm saying that I can't find any instance where Xiaomi themselves refer to MTK as 4x - only resellers are doing it. Where is Xiaomi doing it?

If you mean in the ROM's, this is resellers customizing them. Official MIUI has only two versions - one for nikel marked as Note 4 and one for mido marked as Note 4x.

But I'm saying that I can't find any instance where Xiaomi themselves refer to MTK as 4x - only resellers are doing it. Where is Xiaomi doing it?

If you mean in the ROM's, this is resellers customizing them. Official MIUI has only two versions - one for nikel marked as Note 4 and one for mido marked as Note 4x.

Official link to the rom:
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.2.2.0.MBFCNDL/miui_HMNote4_V8.2.2.0.MBFCNDL_ea8c6a2518_6.0.zip

There you have it.
You can find it in rom downloads and device Redmi Note 4X -> rom is Redmi Note 4X China (4GB+64GB)

Afcourse there is Redmi Note 4x MTK Helio X20 4GB RAM and 64GB storage and you CANT install MIDO on it (PROFIT).
I downloaded my first rom from here and i choose wrong MIDO rom because of that XIAOMI misleading device names but
had luck that i got ERROR 7 with TWRP incompatible device. Then i downloaded HMNote4 nikel and it worked directly.

21284281_10155734076827276_1330905872_o.jpg

Reactions: adios2nd and dogiex
Guys, chill out. Download AIDA64 from playstore and check out, if you have mtk or sd chipset with 4gb ram. But ALL MTK are NIKEL and SD are MIDO. It's codename for used chipset. So if you have MTK, mido rom won't work.

Odoslané z Redmi Note 3 pomocou Tapatalku

Reactions: adios2nd and bihslk
Wow, I guess Xiaomi really did drop the ball on this one. I stand corrected.

Confusing as heck!

Guys, chill out. Download AIDA64 from playstore and check out, if you have mtk or sd chipset with 4gb ram. But ALL MTK are NIKEL and SD are MIDO. It's codename for used chipset. So if you have MTK, mido rom won't work.

Odoslané z Redmi Note 3 pomocou Tapatalku
Could U plz give me the link of Xiaomi redmi note 4x mediatek CPU.

Guys I have a problem flashing recovery, not restarting in TWRP, it remains on the MI page and then after a while it reboots normally by rewriting the original recovery, can you tell me how to do someone installed the TWRP Nickel? Thank you.

Guys I have a problem flashing recovery, not restarting in TWRP, it remains on the MI page and then after a while it reboots normally by rewriting the original recovery, can you tell me how to do someone installed the TWRP Nickel? Thank you.

Hello man.

Sometime it works sometime not but you need do this so it will work

1. Copy your boot.img from the rom you using to your sd card

2. When done reboot phone into fastboot mode

3. Now from PC do fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

4. When done now do fastboot flash boot recoveryname.img

5. Now turn off phone manually. Hold power until phone goes off and wait 10 sec before start.

6. Now hold vol down and power at same time and as soon you see MI logo release buttons

7. Now you will be in TWRP. Now you can flash what ever you want but remember if you reboot
phone it will not boot because you flashed recovery as boot image

8. So before exit TWRP choose Install in twrp then change from zip flashing to img flash

9. Now point to your boot.img that you copyed to your SD CARD in step 1

10. Now flash boot.img with twrp and THEN REBOOT.

Good Luck

Afcourse there is Redmi Note 4x MTK Helio X20 4GB RAM and 64GB storage and you CANT install MIDO on it (PROFIT).
I downloaded my first rom from here and i choose wrong MIDO rom because of that XIAOMI misleading device names but
had luck that i got ERROR 7 with TWRP incompatible device. Then i downloaded HMNote4 nikel and it worked directly.
I have a problem, installed the twrp, why not restart the system without flashing a rom? Do you want the twrp.img to do the flash on Boot.img? Where do I find the boot.img to copy?

Last edited:
Man. If ypu dont know where boot.img is then you should not flash phones.

Whar rom.are you using?

Locked phone? What do you mean locked. Did you lock your phone with twrp? Or did you never unlock it

No, if you restart the system you always start twrp.

Yepp thats why you need to flash boot.img and you will find that file inside your rom. Extract rom and copy your boot.img to the phone or sdcard and then flash boot.img with twrp. Then your phone will boot

Yepp thats why you need to flash boot.img and you will find that file inside your rom. Extract rom and copy your boot.img to the phone or sdcard and then flash boot.img with twrp. Then your phone will boot
Ok, now I download rom, then unzip and copy boot.img. I'll let you know if I can. Once the boot.img flash is done, just restart it again.

Ok, now I download rom, then unzip and copy boot.img. I'll let you know if I can. Once the boot.img flash is done, just restart it again.
Yes sir.
But is your bootloader unlocked? If it is then flash boot.img with your pc.
Ye phone should work after you flashed boot.img

Yes sir.
If the phone is unlocked, I'm downloading the rom and then I try, let me know later. Too kind and helpful.

Yes sir.
I copied the boot.img file but I install it from twrp but do not see the boot.img file, why?I've zipped the file, but I'm mistaken, I do not know why, I'm in the crap. But if I do the flash of rom I start the phone?I did the ROM flash and restarted, but I do not understand why the zip boot.img flash failed.

Last edited:
I copied the boot.img file but I install it from twrp but do not see the boot.img file, why?I've zipped the file, but I'm mistaken, I do not know why, I'm in the crap. But if I do the flash of rom I start the phone?

You need to press install

Then change in twrp from zip to img you have options if you look