Redmi note 5 pro downgrade Miui 11 to Miui 9

Billard

Members
Dec 29, 2019
Hello,
  1. is it possible to downgrade this smartphone from Miui11 to Miui 9 by flashing the Rom with Whyred image and fastboot.
  2. if the downgrade don't work fine, can i restore Miui11 without problem from the whyred image Miui 11.
Thank's

You can make a backup of MIUI 11 using TWRP and to wipe all data and install the older version as iamme729 said.

Beware, Whyred has Arb implented!
I think it's best to first check your phone with fastboot command that it's activated or not...
Then we can talk about downgrading the rom!

I think you can only downgrade within the samen android version if Arb 4 is active.

Last edited:
It's possible, because when yoy wipe all on the phone with TWRP and reinstall a Stock ROM from XIAOMI you have a MIUI9 and after you must make an update for MIUI10 (an half hour) and another for MIUI11.

No i have used the files from MIUI and with FASTBOOT mode.
There is a file flash_all.sh for reset all on the phone with Usb connection without TRWP.

So u used a official fastboot rom on your whyred device,pushed it and it was downgraded?
Interesting.
Thanks for the reply

I see, that's a ROM with arb4 so that's possible.
I was wrong. You need to stay in the same arb version. Not the same android version...
I was thinking that with every android update the Arb level also raised.

I see, that's a ROM with arb4 so that's possible.
I was wrong. You need to stay in the same arb version. Not the same android version...
I was thinking that with every android update the Arb level also raised.
I think the ARB level changed with the biggest change of Android.