Redmi Note 7 encrypted after downgrade

eugenwollekneul

Members
Mar 20, 2020
Hi guys,

i made a mistake. because of the high battery drain of 20.3.12 i wanted to go back to 20.1.16. i had orangefox 10.1_02 installed and no problem with the encryption. i went to orangefox and installed 20.1.16 and magisk 20.3 and did a cache/dalvik wipe and booted my system. now i cant boot into android because it wants a password and orangefox the same. pls can someone help me, i dont have any orangefox backup and i need my internal storage.

You can try to go back to 20.3.12 and if it will work then make backup of whatever you want and restore it on older version.
If it won't work then you can only format data. Next time consider creating backups before doing such things.

Reactions: YeepYeep
You can try to go back to 20.3.12 and if it will work then make backup of whatever you want and restore it on older version.
If it won't work then you can only format data. Next time consider creating backups before doing such things.
This will not work!

I tried it but didnt work, thx to u guys. I formated Data... All my private stuff gone but next time i will do a backup.