Redmi Note 7 Pro won't boot into system

martquz

Members
Sep 19, 2017
Good day! I already installed the TWRP 3.3.1-5 by Peter but after installing Xiaomi.eu 9.7.25 rom my phone only reboots to TWRP and won't boot into system. I tried clearing dalvik cache and reinstalling the rom but the same happens. What I did was go to Advanced wipe then choose Dalvik,cache,data and internal storage and then installed the rom. It was successful and then I choose Wipe dalvik cache and finally Reboot but it won't boot to system. It only goes back to TWRP. What I noticed is that after installing TWRP, the version is 3.3.1.0 is that normal? Thanks! Also note that prior to installing this TWRP, I tried installing the other one from official and succeeded but when I press volume up + power it only redirects to Redmi Recovery that's why I tried this one. Please help me. I can't use my phone. Thank you.

I'm on China 10.2.8 stable by the way .

RN7 Pro (and many others Xiaomi's phone) is encrypted by default, in order to flash custom ROM such as Xiaomi.eu, you need to format data partition after you've flashed Peter's TWRP, only then you can flash Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Reactions: iamme729
The above reply sounds right I can confirm that I had to do that as well... format data partition

And the problem still repeating at each update which is very annoying cause we need to restore all backup

I certainly wouldn't be doing every update. Most of them have such minor tweaks that you wouldn't even notice the difference..
if your phone is working well and running fine don't update is my advice

I certainly wouldn't be doing every update. Most of them have such minor tweaks that you wouldn't even notice the difference..
if your phone is working well and running fine don't update is my advice
You're right but I will update at each new stable rom to get new features.
I'm hoping for an official twrp image to fix the encrypted data issue (android 9 fault?)