New Redmi note 7

288/5000

Hi, I have a redmi note 7 (Lavender), practically when I went into recovery mode (TWRP) to do an update of the MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES rom asks me for the password to decrypt the partitions, only my device is not encrypted. How do I solve it ??

288/5000

Hi, I have a redmi note 7 (Lavender), practically when I went into recovery mode (TWRP) to do an update of the MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES rom asks me for the password to decrypt the partitions, only my device is not encrypted. How do I solve it ??
What's your current ROM version?

Last edited:
Try OrangeFox Recovery => https://files.orangefox.tech/OrangeFox-Stable/lavender/OrangeFox-R10.1_02-Stable-lavender.zip
Open and extract "recovery.img" file and flash it via fastboot or use USB-OTG in TWRP.
Boot to Recovery and check if it is working. If yes, you can put "OrangeFox-R10.1_02-Stable-lavender.zip" in your phone's memory and flash it in OrangeFox (=complete install).
Actually I initially used Orange Fox and always asked me for the password to decrypt it, then I tried to put back TWRP classic but it does the same. Looking at the Faqs on Orange Fox's xda he said it was a bug of Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) with TWRP, the only solution is to encrypt the phone, I wanted to know if there was a solution without fastboot restore the official rom. Then another question if you can encrypt with the xiaomi.eu rom, I read that custom roms should not be encrypted.

Actually I initially used Orange Fox and always asked me for the password to decrypt it, then I tried to put back TWRP classic but it does the same. Looking at the Faqs on Orange Fox's xda he said it was a bug of Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) with TWRP, the only solution is to encrypt the phone, I wanted to know if there was a solution without fastboot restore the official rom. Then another question if you can encrypt with the xiaomi.eu rom, I read that custom roms should not be encrypted.
This OrangeFox version has been released on 2020/03/14. If you didn't try this version, try it now. ^^
You can try to Format Data if it's not working... Don't know why you will need to restore/flash Official ROM to fix this issue.
You must keep encryption on xiaomi.eu ROMs, no issue. ;)

This OrangeFox version has been released on 2020/03/14. If you didn't try this version, try it now. ^^
You can try to Format Data if it's not working... Don't know why you will need to restore/flash Official ROM to fix this issue.
You must keep encryption on xiaomi.eu ROMs, no issue. ;)
Thank you, with the Orange Fox update I have solved, practically with the new version of Orange it does not ask for any password to decrypt.