Redmi Pro Problems And Bugs

Sieceres

Members
Dec 21, 2016
Hi guys, I've been using my Redmi Pro for around a week now, and it has a few issues which stops me from considering the phone to be an awesome one. They are:

- Whenever I let an app draw over other apps, it gets reset after a while. In practice this means that e.g. Facebook chat heads will work for some time but after a while chat heads is deactivated and needs to be deactivated again. This is an even bigger problem with Drupe, which becomes nearly useless without drawing over other apps.
- When an app needs me to allow various functions, e.g. letting an app use contacts, photos et.c., the "Allow" option doesn't work. I see "Deny" and "Allow" next to each other, but when I tap "Allow", nothing happens. Interestingly enough, "Deny" does work. I haven't found out why, but after trying a few times, it does work.
- The back button has temporarily stopped working 2-3 times. Again, it has started working again and I have no idea why.

Do you guys have the same problems? Any suggestion if there's anything I can do? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I've been using my Redmi Pro for around a week now, and it has a few issues which stops me from considering the phone to be an awesome one. They are:

- Whenever I let an app draw over other apps, it gets reset after a while. In practice this means that e.g. Facebook chat heads will work for some time but after a while chat heads is deactivated and needs to be deactivated again. This is an even bigger problem with Drupe, which becomes nearly useless without drawing over other apps.
- When an app needs me to allow various functions, e.g. letting an app use contacts, photos et.c., the "Allow" option doesn't work. I see "Deny" and "Allow" next to each other, but when I tap "Allow", nothing happens. Interestingly enough, "Deny" does work. I haven't found out why, but after trying a few times, it does work.
- The back button has temporarily stopped working 2-3 times. Again, it has started working again and I have no idea why.

Do you guys have the same problems? Any suggestion if there's anything I can do? Thanks in advance!
I dont have problems like yours. In what build is you currently ?

Thanks for the reply, please see the attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-21-08-02-00-082_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-21-08-02-00-082_com.android.settings.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 549
Nothing is strange on the image, it was to show the build version as you asked...
I can see in the image, that you have the same issue that me, the status bar icons are duplicated per each application. How can fix that?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Pro mediante Tapatalk

I can see in the image, that you have the same issue that me, the status bar icons are duplicated per each application. How can fix that?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Pro mediante Tapatalk

Hehe actually I don't have that problem, I use the dual app feature to have 2 whatsapp accounts and the other is two different notifications from a game (fabulous game called UniWar), one saying it's my turn and the other saying I lost the game.

If you are on Xiaomi.eu ROM you'll have to update manually (updater app will always say "no updates available").
in this case, just download latest weekly ROM and follow the flashing guidelines in the same forum discussion.
Afterwards, since you come from a very old ROM, I'd format data at least. (that means bringing your phone to factory state)

If you are on Xiaomi.eu ROM you'll have to update manually (updater app will always say "no updates available").
in this case, just download latest weekly ROM and follow the flashing guidelines in the same forum discussion.
Afterwards, since you come from a very old ROM, I'd format data at least. (that means bringing your phone to factory state)
Thanks! Could you tell me where I can find that ROM?

OK so that failed pretty much before it began. I got the permission and downloaded the unlock tool but I can't make my phone boot into Fastboot mode by holding Volume down key and Power button. Any suggestions? I looked at http://en.miui.com/thread-202290-1-1.html - Developer options are enabled but there is nothing even close to "Settings---> Additional settings---> Developer option and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status." in that menu.

You are going to need to flash a Developer or China ROM to get the Mi Unlock option:
d4abb2c526864086e206b4dbfa0fabc1.jpg

057af121b67e0f751fc2343927ba573a.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

You are going to need to flash a Developer or China ROM to get the Mi Unlock option:
d4abb2c526864086e206b4dbfa0fabc1.jpg

057af121b67e0f751fc2343927ba573a.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Well that's just marvelous. I don't have that option. You have to take my word for that because I can't allow Tapatalk to access my storage, so I can't post the screenshot. This is starting to piss me off.

Anyway, what can I do about this, provided that I'm able to refrain from throwing the phone into the wall? For the last few days I've had some adware from the Notes app too.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

You mentioned you could not boot in fastboot mode. This must be done in order to use the Bootloader Unlock Tool.

Phone has to be powered off first, then you have to press both Volume down and Power buttons until the phone runs into fastboot mode. You must not release the buttons until fastboot mode is active. Then launch Bootloader Unlock Tool, sign in Xiaomi account and after that connect the phone. Unlocking should begin.

If ever the MIUI update tool still does not allow to flash zip ROM, you may have to install TWRP, which is a recovery boot image that allow to flash zip ROMs. That's what I had to do since the Redmi Pro I got had a unofficial stable ROM (modified by vendor).

Well that's just marvelous. I don't have that option. You have to take my word for that because I can't allow Tapatalk to access my storage, so I can't post the screenshot. This is starting to piss me off.

Anyway, what can I do about this, provided that I'm able to refrain from throwing the phone into the wall? For the last few days I've had some adware from the Notes app too.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
I know it's a pain but unfortunately need to jump through some hoops to unlock the bootloader & It's really quite easy once you put your head down & follow the steps, it should take you no more than 20 minutes once everything is downloaded & installed.

I had to do exactly the same procedure to unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP & Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Start by downloading the Developer Fastboot ROM as that may take some time.
In the meantime have a read through the below tutorial using SP flash tools & install all the prerequisites.
http://en.miui.com/thread-326882-1-1.html

Once you have flashed the Developer ROM you can go ahead & start the unlock process.