Redmi Turbo 3 Chinese HyperOS -> EU HyperOS

Wongsky

Members
Jul 17, 2024
I was recently given a Redmi Turbo 3 as a gift, from a relative visiting England, who lives in China.

So it's the Chinese version, and runs the Chinese version of HyperOS.

In general, I am happy with the phone, I've had a Redmi phone previously, and I'm happy with the spec and performance.

I've installed google play, and set language settings to the UK, and mostly works as fine, although there's still some apps that occasionally launch all in Chinese.

The one outstanding problem is that google wallet / pay isn't completing the final step - Google wallet still sees my bank card, but when I try to complete it I get some vague message saying I need to contact my bank. This all worked perfectly on previous handsets, so I believe the issue is because of the Chinese version of the OS.

I know the EU version of HyperOS is available, is there any easy way of getting that installed as something of an update, or will I have to effectively install from fresh, and setup the phone again?

What I'm trying to establish is what is the quickest and easiest way of getting EU HyperOS on my Redmi Turbo 3, that involves the least amount of having to go through setting it all up again?

And how that would actually be done?

I was recently given a Redmi Turbo 3 as a gift, from a relative visiting England, who lives in China.

In general, I am happy with the phone, I've had a Redmi phone previously, and I'm happy with the spec and performance.

I've installed google play, and set language settings to the UK, and mostly works as fine, although there's still some apps that occasionally launch all in Chinese.

The one outstanding problem is that google wallet / pay isn't completing the final step - Google wallet still sees my bank card, but when I try to complete it I get some vague message saying I need to contact my bank. This all worked perfectly on previous handsets, so I believe the issue is because of the Chinese version of the OS.

I know the EU version of HyperOS is available, is there any easy way of getting that installed as something of an update, or will I have to effectively install from fresh, and setup the phone again?

What I'm trying to establish is what is the quickest and easiest way of getting EU HyperOS on my Redmi Turbo 3, that involves the least amount of having to go through setting it all up again?

I'm in the same hell hole rn and I'm stuck with Hyperbullshit OS. I hate the large icons in the control center and everything about it... The only thing that's keeping me from installing an EU ROM is the paywall to have my Redmi Turbo 3 bootloader unlocked. Sucks big time because I'm poor...

I'm in the same hell hole rn and I'm stuck with Hyperbullshit OS. I hate the large icons in the control center and everything about it... The only thing that's keeping me from installing an EU ROM is the paywall to have my Redmi Turbo 3 bootloader unlocked. Sucks big time because I'm poor...

I dont know if its still possible with the bootloader bypass script but theres a way to do it

you also need this settings.apk

found all of that here https://github.com/MlgmXyysd/Xiaomi-HyperOS-BootLoader-Bypass/issues/82

at this point its a trial and error because apparently

"
2024 7月1日,出厂澎湃的机器大概率是封了,比如turbo3或者平板6spro等
如果解不了是正常的,不用再问怎么绕了,只有几百的强解!"

"On July 1, 2024, the devices shipped with HyperOS are most likely blocked, such as turbo3 or tablet 6spro, etc.If it cannot be unlocked, it is normal, no need to ask how to bypass it, there are only a few hundred strong unlocks!"

Last edited:

Hey! Congrats on the new phone! Yeah, the Chinese version of HyperOS can be a pain. To get the EU version, you'll likely need to do a clean install. Backup your data, unlock your bootloader, download the EU ROM, and install it using a tool like TWRP or MiFlash. Then, set up your phone again from scratch. It's a bit of a process, but it should fix the Google Wallet issue. If you're not comfy with it, consider getting help from a tech-savvy friend or a repair shop.

Hey! Congrats on the new phone! Yeah, the Chinese version of HyperOS can be a pain. To get the EU version, you'll likely need to do a clean install. Backup your data, unlock your bootloader, download the EU ROM, and install it using a tool like TWRP or MiFlash. Then, set up your phone again from scratch. It's a bit of a process, but it should fix the Google Wallet issue. If you're not comfy with it, consider getting help from a tech-savvy friend or a repair shop.
Google wallet is working fine with the china ROM. There are other things that aren't the way I want.
For example notifications from apps (If you want to receive them in time you need to add the apps to autostart, to remove battery restrictions and to lock them in the memory)
Of course there are other things, but the china rom is usable that way too. Just in this case xiaomi.eu is way better
By the way I am also looking for a quick way for unlock. Don't want to give 75$ dollars, and it is very slow process to become level 5 in china community app which doesn't guarantee you unlocking rights, because it may need a china debit card, id/ passport validation and china phone number